• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

UPDATE 10/3 - Injunction covers all FPC members - ATF publishes their pistol brace rule

I think you guys are underestimating the absolute brilliance and just authority of the ATF lawyer who wrote this rule. He's 100% right and will destroy you hooligans in court.
Yeah because y'all are lying to yourselves if you don't admit you only armbraced ur AR just to circumvent the NFA. Oh and y'all clearly don't know the NFA game! Especially Gixxer Gixxer :lol:

I'd love to see the NFA go away completely, but that's probably a bridge too far, especially for machine guns.

Suppressors might be a stretch as well, since they are only used to assassinate people, right? I think there will be a lot more education needed before that comes to pass.

This brace rule has definitely made SBRs/SBSs come to the front though, and we do have a chance there.

The fact that they were included in NFA 'by mistake' is simply one point in our favor ("Forgotten Weapons" video has a great explanation). You can argue they are less 'deadly' than a (non-NFA) similar rifle because the shorter barrel means a lower velocity and by definition, less energy on target.

It's also easily proven that a non-NFA pistol in the same caliber is far more concealable than a stocked gun of any kind. I remember Ted Cruz had a nice comparison graphic he used in one presentation.

Of course that's all logic and we're talking politics. We would need a overwhelming majority in both chambers of Congress and a pro-gun POTUS. A lot of GOPers would balk at the 'optics' of removing these from NFA and giving their opponents ammo for the next election cycle.

It is possible though. The Forgotten Weapons video talks about Congress amending the original NFA to allow 16" rimfire guns to be exempted, so it's happened before.

It's also possible that the courts may address some parts of it, although I think the ban on registering post-1986 machine guns is the most likely to fall there.

Unlike the other categories, that is a straight-out ban of guns in 'common use' for 'lawful purposes'. It completely fails Heller and Bruen. It just needs someone with deep pockets and some good lawyers to challenge it.
Well said !
I get it now, so what you’re saying is that real men drink IPAs. 🍺

NO!!! Braces are what Forest Gump wore on his legs when he was alittle kid! Duh..

I don't understand how these even mount on an AR pistol

il_570xN.461709812_iv25.jpg

Back
Top Bottom