• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION DOWNTOWN ATL ON FOOT.

Do you have friends outside the city? How far? Weapons? Gear. People, shape/condition? Keep in mind in the city, trying to get out, might only be a couple of blocks at a time. Gangs, crowds looking for folks like you. Plan for everything. Your 1st and 2d plan is gone.

Do you have friends outside the city? How far? Weapons? Gear. People, shape/condition? Keep in mind in the city, trying to get out, might only be a couple of blocks at a time. Gangs, crowds looking for folks like you. Plan for everything. Your 1st and 2d plan is gone.

Shopping cart, trash bags for gear, distressed clothing, bad cough, something to simulate mucus running down face, Limburger cheese smeared on clothes, . 45 concealed carry. Act like you have Tourette's and a bad attitude.

GREAT INPUT GUYS AND I AM ABSORBING EVERYTHING I CAN. BASICALLY THIS TRIP WILL BE JUST A TRIAL RUN TO SEE IF OUR FAT BUTTS CAN EVEN COMPLETE THE WALK WITH OUR STRIPPED DOWN BAGS OF GEAR WITH OUT CALLING FOR A RIDE. LOL THIS IS MAINLY A TEST OF OUR WILL POWER TO NOT GIVE UP, BUT AGAIN YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT ISSUES MAY REALLY BE GOING ON DURING THIS SCENARIO. I NEVER GO INTO THE BIG CITY FOR ANYTHING BUT I STILL FEEL LIKE THIS URBAN NIGHT NAVIGATION WILL STILL SHOW ME MY WEAKNESSES.

I understand the point of a hike with gear to see what kind of shape you are in. BUT, all the street lights will be on, you will have to wait for traffic, interstates and railways will be active. The only hostilities be the standard everyday hazards. Why not move this to a very rural location, Cohutta, Warwoman, Piedmont National Forrest, or a farming area in the east or southern part of the state. There should be very little to no traffic. You could have someone blindfold you and drop you off with instructions that you would meet them within a five mile radius at a known landmark such as a bridge or intersection. Using your Ham radios you start describing your surroundings, road names, landmarks, store names,,, whatever. Then with either your compass or your directions from Ham operators you navigate to your assigned meeting point. You can always have your phone with you, just turned off in your pack, just in case you cant make it. If you accomplish this a few times, then you could up the ante and do the same but make it a land nav. using a topo map and compass to a assigned location.
I understand that you initially were talking about urban navigation, but with all the lights on and known streets and landmarks you would basically just we taking a walk at night. Why not make it a training experience.

Back
Top Bottom