• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

USAA sucks and they can go **** themselves

It sounds like usaa was trying to do the right thing but the locksmiths they called were garbage. I've been with usaa for 15 years and have never had a single issue with them. Sorry your daughter had to deal with that. It's a good life lesson though. Bet she don't lock her keys in the car again.
No, they kept trying to re-assign the same 2 lock smiths that cancelled

Should have put a call out for help on the ODT. They are a lot of people on here that will drop what they are doing and go help.

Every keyless entry vehicle I had, had a key driver's door. 2 Toyotas and a Chrysler.
Their remotes actually come with "dumb" keys that only open doors.
I would take another look at the car.View attachment 4581175
Good advice if her 2nd fob wasn't locked inside her house and the other wasn't locked inside the car on the key ring with her house keys but not all 24 yr olds have the life experience as a grown adult. I'll be sure to pass on your sound advice

The locksmith trade has been ruined by the internet... now "local" searches get so many referral services, it's impossible to find a reliable tradesman. This problem extends far beyond locksmiths of course. You'll be asked for your zip code (even though you dialed a local number), and you'll get referred to God knows who, probably some fly by night operator with a van and little training. You'll get grossly overcharged IF he shows up. And as you found, even USAA is having trouble finding the good guys. Your van-based "locksmith" will likely tell you your home lock can't be picked, and must be drilled and replaced for $400... I assume they run similar scams with car lock-outs.

For you young folks, it used to be really easy to find reliable locksmiths, plumbers, etc.-- you just looked in the yellow pages, and then checked your five year old yellow pages. So they've been in business for five years (or ten, or whatever)? Call 'em. Problem solved.

Try beating that with "yelp" or some other internet BS.

"I've never called a plumber before but I give Ex-Con Plumbers FIVE STARS!" Etc.

Rubbish.

Environmentalists are working to end individual private vehicle ownership.
Your problems will soon be over.

Tree huggers want you tu use public transportation anyway.....

Daughter got off work yesterday at lunch and realized she'd locked her keys in her car
Called USAA road side asst, said 45 min - 1.5 hours.
2 hours later no locksmith. He turned off his tracking and had given a fake phone number
She was in walking distance of El Ranchero in ptc. They were very kind to her. She didn't have any money, her wallet was locked inside her car. They fed her and gave her plenty of soda and water and let her sit at a table for 3 hours waiting on a lock smith
Called USAA to find out wtf is going on, they said he was 30 min away
1 hour later still no show
Called USAA, they were very apologetic, cancelling that guy sending someone else
3 hours still no locksmith. I called the locksmith. He said 45 min then immediately cancelled
My daughter was in tears
Called USAA, wtf ??? They're so sorry, this isn't how they operate... Bull ****, this IS how they're operating

We called a locksmith ourselves not listed with USAA, guy was in Stone Mountain. He was there in 1 hour, took him 5 minutes to unlock my daughters car at a cost $160

*USAA let my daughter sit in a hot parking lot in August for 6 hours and never did send a lock smith, just the promise of 45 more min, 30 more min, 1 more hour. So sick of their ****

Moral of the story, hire someone yourself and send the insurance co the bill

You have a RIGHT, to be Pissed Off, I have USAA , but keep AAA for all my car emergencies, I agree with the other guy here send them the bill.

I'm not a fan of USAA, quite the contrary actually, but that is not their fault. They, as well as all other carriers, sub out this type of work. This is on the sub.

That said, send them the bill. They should reimburse with no fight.
USAA road side was aware both locksmiths on the north side kept cancelling for not wanting to drive all the way down to ptc on a friday but kept re-sending the order to those same 2 guys who in turn kept cancelling
It was a long and stress filled day

USAA road side was aware both locksmiths on the north side kept cancelling for not wanting to drive all the way down to ptc on a friday but kept re-sending the order to those same 2 guys who in turn kept cancelling
It was a long and stress filled day
It sucks, but there may have been no other options. They vet all subs and won't work with just anyone. Hell of an annoying day, but your daughter learned a valuable lesson. That was a 100% easily avoidable situation.

Back
Top Bottom