Vacationing in California, can I take my gun?

Two words, just don't ... places like San Diego and LA maybe as long as you never, ever try to take it out of your domicile and don't plan on using it for self defense ;)

but if you're going to northern california you might as well just bring your own handcuffs with you.
That is about right. Transporting a weapon in a vehicle requires separation of weapon from ammo. So if you are going for that toss a 12 gauge in the trunk, and the shells in the passenger compartment. The exceptions are scarce enough and require lengthy processing and licensing.

Unless it makes you feel good to be armed and dangerous within your residence, or feel real lucky and want to carry deep cover, I would advise against it. The cops and the criminals all carry. For the rest of us it is verboten!

yep. watch the knives too.i took a spring asst. with me to a gun n knife show there. pulled it out to show a dealer and he freaked. get that out of here and don't let any cops see you! lol

I have a similar dilemna when we go visit the GF's family in Massachusetts. I never take a gun and it drives me nuts. I do however put my EDC folder in a checked bag and carry it with me on my person the whole time we're there. I realize its still possibly a "crime", but its a calculated risk I take. I'll face a knife charge rather than be absolutely disarmed.

yep. watch the knives too.i took a spring asst. with me to a gun n knife show there. pulled it out to show a dealer and he freaked. get that out of here and don't let any cops see you! lol
PENAL CODE SECTION 21510-21590

21510. Every person who does any of the following with a
switchblade knife having a blade two or more inches in length is
guilty of a misdemeanor:
(a) Possesses the knife in the passenger's or driver's area of any
motor vehicle in any public place or place open to the public.
(b) Carries the knife upon the person.
(c) Sells, offers for sale, exposes for sale, loans, transfers, or
gives the knife to any other person.

I travel to California pretty frequently for work (I'm writing this from Sacramento) and I would highly advise not ever coming here! I don't bring my EDC but I do bring an ESEE Izula II that rides horizontally at my 6. I intentionally placed have pro weapon patches and stickers on my backpack and laptop to 'stir the puddin' when I get out here. In my experience, people are not very gun friendly out here and my GA CCW doesn't do anything for me here so I don't bother bringing an EDC - I would hate to get stopped by one of these left-wing feel good d-bags and get put in the pokey for trying to protect myself. No hippy love here!
url.jpg

Back
Top Bottom