• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

(video)How to Smoke a whole Canada goose

Filet the breast, slice and cube. Marinade in milk, egg wash, batter and fry.

Filet the breast, slice and cube. marinade in Italian dressing, wrap in bacon, grill.

Filet the breast, slice and cube. Bait hooks or throw the rest away.

I like to fry them up and eat them the next day. They are better cold for some reason like that.

You can wrap about anything any bacon and it taste good.

I guess you could put them on trot lines, but seems like a waste of a great tasting meat after smoking this bird.

Never cooked a Canada goose ,but have ate a few spotted goose breast from Arkansas though.

My cousin goes out every year several times and brings us some back. We have made cube steak a few times ,but the meat is very rich and fills you up quickly.

The best use we found for the duck & goose meat is making sausage ,by combining it with pork and\or deer meat ,then adding the Leggs sausage seasoning packet to about 20+ lbs of meat per pack. You can also make Anduille & summer sausage too .

There are never any leftovers :hungry:

Never cooked a Canada goose ,but have ate a few spotted goose breast from Arkansas though.

My cousin goes out every year several times and brings us some back. We have made cube steak a few times ,but the meat is very rich and fills you up quickly.

The best use we found for the duck & goose meat is making sausage ,by combining it with pork and\or deer meat ,then adding the Leggs sausage seasoning packet to about 20+ lbs of meat per pack. You can also make Anduille & summer sausage too .

There are never any leftovers :hungry:

I agree that the specks are a rich meat. Ive made a bunch of smoked summer sausage out of a bunch of snows a couple years ago, but if I ever get out there again I want to try to make burger out of them. Saw it on youtube I believe and it looked great. Mixed it with some fat made for a great looking burger.

Back
Top Bottom