• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Vintage handguns and those who still carry them

Cowboyroy45

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
185   0
Reaction score
I was curious, does anybody carry vintage/obsolete handguns? Things such as Mauser C96s, Lugers, GI 1911s, Browning Hi-Powers, etc. Reproductions accepted. I sometimes carry an Astra model 900 (Spanish Broomhandle), and very often carry a Cimarron "wild bunch" 1911 that sports vintage parts. I've even carried an Enfield No.2 before.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    51.8 KB · Views: 70
That's a neat 38/44. That and a 1917 have been on my want list for a while. I like those grips. I used to have a pre-victory Canadian contract hand ejector in .38 S&W. That one rode around in my truck with me quite often. Only when I was puttering around in "safer" areas though. It wasn't a serious carry gun.

It had been nickel plated at some point; but it was in great shape mechanically.
The elk stag grips are by Patrick Grashorn. Those vintage grips that have been jigged on the revolver of yours look really cool. I love old school individual custom touches like that.

I picked up a deployment bag full of guns from my late-mother in Law. I kept a few and left the rest in Oklahoma, I did bring Back a old Rossi revolver probably made in the 1950's, a Older AK-47, and a few Other Guns, The Rest I'm Giving To My Brother-in-Law.

Aye. That one had numerous nicks and dings under the nickel plate. Including a very small dent in the side of the frame toward the front. I think it actually saw combat. Maybe it was hit by shrapnel. If only guns could talk.

Back
Top Bottom