• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart Customer Attacks Man Carrying Concealed Weapon In Florida

Concealed means it can't be seen... not that it can only be seen part of the time.

Several good observations on this thread. This is an obvious example of the fact there are crazy people out there who do unpredictable even illegal things if you stand out w/ a gun. Being the "gray man" is recommended by every school (including mine) that I've ever attended.
Granted some of the "tells" like the belt adjustment, confirmation "bump" with the hand/ elbow to make sure your gun is still in place, noticeable image of the gun "printing" through your clothing, oversized clothes, untucked shirts, winter clothes out of season, thick black or khaki riggers belt, 511 clothing or other clothing advertising your favorite brand of firearm, etc., etc. are all recognizable by vigilant people who've been trained or are just "in the know", most people don't pay that close of attention.

I encourage everyone who carries concealed to take a hard look at their CC system to insure it is truly concealed.
For the OC guys, maybe get some of those glasses that have the little mirrors on them like some road bike riders use so you can watch out for the guy running up behind you yelling out to one specific, "I've got him!":shocked:

To heck with all the Concealed Means Concealed commentary. That is nothing more than turning the victim into the villain. Nothing different than telling a rape victim that "she was asking for it."

Little bit different. The fact that the "attacker"(?) was in the wrong doesn't change the fact that it would have never happened if the "victim" was truly concealed.
As I've said before, while I (& every other Instructor I know of) don't recommend OC, I "get" the reasonings of those who OC & acknowledge we're on the same side & shouldn't get into drawn out arguments that end up w/ everyone on the same side but now angry w/ our allies.
It's an individual choice but just as I do w/ students in class, I encourage those who OC to take these events into consideration to do all they can ( situational awareness, level II or III retention holster, etc.) so THEY don't become a victim... whether it be because of a "hero" or a villain.

Last edited:
Video taken by security cameras has been released. It is worse than the article originally stated. After the gun owner is taken down, two additional bystanders jump in to help the original idiot control the gun owner. The video shows one of the two disarming the gun owner and handing the weapon off to yet another bystander who then hands it off to another passerby.

It's nuts; but it goes to show one thing. During the first few moments of confusion, the guy with the gun is going to be looked at as the bad guy. Another reason why good weapons concealment is important.

I would try like hell to sue the crap out of the guy that tackled me.
If that didn't go right, he would dang sure trip over a curb at a convenience store later on.... JUST KIDDING !! Don't go calling the squad on me , I'm only joking !! Lol.

HUGE lawsuits should be coming against every single one of the people that helped this idiot. Not just the dumbass that took him down. Three people holding him down and two others that were passing the weapon around to get it away from him.

I hope he takes everything they own.

As the old saying goes, "concealed means concealed". The carrier gave his concealment away when he allowed the gun to be spotted while holstering in the parking lot. I like to see how many concealed weapons I can detect when I'm out in public. The easiest time is when a guy is getting out of his vehicle. Many will try to hide behind their open door while they remove the weapon from the vehicle and holster it. Those that drive or ride with a holstered firearm will almost invariably hike up their trousers and adjust the weapon as soon as their feet hit the ground. I have to fight the urge to do the latter myself.

Well, for some of us it's hike up the pants or have them around our ankles. LOL!

What a f*cking jackass, I have learned through working with the general public that a large portion are completely stupid. This moron is so lucky that he didn't catch a bullet. What sucks is that if he did the media would have twisted the crap out of it making the 62 year old the bad guy. But this just reminds me that when I get the money I need to take some defensive training classes beyond just going to the range.

This is why it's important to also carry an easily accessible knife. If this guy had been able do that to me, he would have gotten cut to ribbons while he was focused on the gun.

Back
Top Bottom