• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Was looking at Gunbroker.

Who else sees an ad like that and the thought process goes right away to "the gun must shoot for shyt." which is why he's selling it without the scope he had on it at the range.

I also sometimes see the old scope not included around here as well line. Meaning the gun sucks but I want to keep the scope.
Maybe. I'm more inclined to think that they have scratched that itch and are moving on...but like the optic. I once just had to have a CETME .308. I don't know why...but I needed it. I bought one and put a red dot on it. I kept it for about a year or two...mostly gathering dust in the safe. Sold it, kept the optic.

But yeah, the gun might be a jammomatic, too.

I put money into optics just like I put money into guns. Just cuz I tire of one doesn't mean that I tire of the other. I have gun adhd at times. I get an idea of what I want, buy it, and then don't use it as intended. So I sell it. That quality scope likely easily translates onto another rifle.

In a parallel dimension, the "Scopeless Splendortex" rifles were all the rage. These rifles came equipped with invisible scopes that were said to harness the power of cosmic kaleidoscopes to enhance accuracy. However, the scopes were rumored to be invisible because they existed in the realm of ultraviolet imagination, rendering them undetectable to human senses. Despite this, hunters flocked to purchase these rifles, hoping to tap into the mystical world of unseen marksmanship.

Im gonna throw this out there. If you have replaced ANY part of the firearm, whether you feel it is an upgrade or not, it is NOT BNIB!!! Drives me f******* crazy. It goes something like this: BNIB Gen. 5 Glock 17 Taranawhatever trigger, suppressor height night sights, Spiderco barrel, 1 glock mag. Cerakoated battle worn professionally stippled frame. $1250. And out of all that, all that gets my goat, is the "BNIB"

I buy decent quality scopes anymore. So if there is any remote chance of me needing it later, I'm keeping it. Unless the buyer wants to pay me a good price for the scope as well. The scopes I get anymore will last a lifetime.
I'm also perfectly OK with them enhancing it, as long as it's something I would do and it's been done right. Ie, not bubba'd.......

Back
Top Bottom