• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WASR, NPAP, other AKs

gun guy17

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
What AK would you recommend at a low price point to someone and why? I've never owned one, but have fired one. I'd like to get one but c'mon... The things are supposed to be cheap

Wasr for the win.
I can agree with that. And it reminds me of Robski from the AK Operators Union YouTube videos. I always remember him saying " Mighty WASR weens again" in that thick Russian accent. Anyone looking for AKs should watch his torture test videos.
I dig my Yugo under folder but I really want another WASR. It's just hard to find one under $600.00 these days.

The one I fired was a wasr and with a better stock on it, it would be great. I've heard that there can be quality issies
The WASR I owned in 2014 had the laminate furniture that looked like it had once been pallets or packing crated. The stock was way too short. It was only 9" and needed to be closer to 12" for American shooters. So there was a certain amount of cheek slap involved. But I found a Crapco side folder that didn't look too bad at a damn good deal and went with that. It was much more comfortable shooting after that.

The WASR I owned in 2014 had the laminate furniture that looked like it had once been pallets or packing crated. The stock was way too short. It was only 9" and needed to be closer to 12" for American shooters. So there was a certain amount of cheek slap involved. But I found a Crapco side folder that didn't look too bad at a damn good deal and went with that. It was much more comfortable shooting after that.
100% agree on the stock, way too short. If you're low enough to see the sights, face slap is imminent

Another vote for WASR. I’m not a fan of NPAPs but I do like the Yugos with the actual 1.5mm receiver and bulged RPK front trunnion. Yugos have a few differences than standard AKMs so only Yugo furniture, gas tubes, and I believe bolt carrier pistons work with Yugos but theyre tanks. Be on the look out Century has boogered up the Yugo market a bit with their own variations.
Right now the absolute best bang for your buck is the Arsenal 107R. It’s the fixed stock version, Arsenal import has slowed tremendously and after hearing the sales manager talk about this upcoming year you’re not gonna be seeing stamped Arsenal’s anytime soon it looks like. They’re regularly 850.00 and still available.
107 folders haven’t been around in awhile and aren’t on the schedule for import thus far this year either they jumped from 1000-1400 in a year or two. Crazy.

Back
Top Bottom