• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Watch your credit score

if you have any USD denominated securities, now would be the time to get out of them with the possible exception of cash.....enough to get by until the masses discover it is just as worthless as cyber currency.
We all are going to need a chair when the music stops.
245648cc68e7d45a7e769211ccdc3d30.jpg

What's worse is it actually happened on July 29th and 3 Days Later three Executives from Equifax, including the CFO, cashed out a bunch of stocks. They announced the breach today almost 6 weeks later.

If that's correct the SEC should take legal action taken against them. The real question is what information was exposed.

One reason I got Lifelock,

I did the free credit freeze at the big 3 which is essentially the same thing I believe. I did it after someone posted on here about getting hacked a few weeks ago.

The information exposed included SS#'s, addresses, names, challenge questions, etc. A whole lot of bad stuff.

So apparently a Georgia Senator had proposed a bill to relieve Equifax of all legal and civil responsibility that has occurred and will happen for the breach.

Here's a link where Clark Howard is talking about it. The video is down near the bottom of the page.

http://clark.com/personal-finance-c..._afa92deb83-44c9ced15d-71496493#disqus_thread

Unfreakingbelievable :frusty:

The rule of law is all but dead in this country. Here's a thought, if these criminally negligent morons can't protect our data, then do away with these asinine credit scores and theses businesses altogether.

If banks and credit cards want to compete for our business, then let them figure it out. Instead they create some super secret way to measure us, and then they leak it for all the world to see because they're too incompetent to put basic security measures in place...

These assholes pay themselves a lot of money. They force you to go through their credit agencies to live your life (even many employers will check your credit score these days). And they can't take simple data security steps to protect you so they basically give your life away.

This entire company should be forced out of business tomorrow. Every damn one of them should be at the unemployment office, and the senior executives should be facing jail time.

I'm planning on suing them in small claims court. So should every single person harmed. That _will_ force them out of business.

https://www.theverge.com/platform/a...ax-chatbots-ai-joshua-browder-security-breach

Back
Top Bottom