• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ways for a 10/22 to cycle cci quiets?

If you can lighten your bolt by skeletonizing it, it will run. You could also play around with recoil spring weight.

Not sure if atljetmech atljetmech got around to it, but he bought an aftermarket bolt I had laying around to do just that. He may be able to provide more info.

If you can lighten your bolt by skeletonizing it, it will run. You could also play around with recoil spring weight.

Not sure if atljetmech atljetmech got around to it, but he bought an aftermarket bolt I had laying around to do just that. He may be able to provide more info.
I have a less than perfect factory bolt I may experiment with as you suggested.

Yep I started with a nice big radius on the back of the bolt where it contacts the hammer then swiss cheesed it on my drill press as much as I possibly could to reduce weight but still keeping it structurally sound. Polished it smooth along with inside of receiver. That combined with a lighter Kidd recoil spring and about one coil off the hammer spring got in running pretty well with CCI quiet and my Ruger ISB (Integrally Suppressed Barrel).
I've never tried it with a non suppressed barrel because I sold it to Gingerbeard Man Gingerbeard Man I believe!

Yep I started with a nice big radius on the back of the bolt where it contacts the hammer then swiss cheesed it on my drill press as much as I possibly could to reduce weight but still keeping it structurally sound. Polished it smooth along with inside of receiver. That combined with a lighter Kidd recoil spring and about one coil off the hammer spring got in running pretty well with CCI quiet and my Ruger ISB (Integrally Suppressed Barrel).
I've never tried it with a non suppressed barrel because I sold it to Gingerbeard Man Gingerbeard Man I believe!
Yep, between you, me, toobaroque toobaroque and Gadgetsrfun Gadgetsrfun , I guess we can be considered the 10/22 collective.

Rimfire central has a how to I think but you ramp the bottom rear side of bolt upward making the part of the bolt that engages the hammer an easier transition

Back
Top Bottom