• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We all want to make the world actually better, right?

Then don’t bring your kids to story time?
But why? How does that have anything to do with you, your life, your kids? If you don't like it just don't take your kid, right?

You're both absolutely right, and I wont be bringing them to tranny story time. But at what point do we draw the line? The more that type of stuff is normalized, the more brainwashed and misled people will become. 10-15 years ago this wasn't even normal and most people would be disgusted. How long before they try to normalize pedophilia? You think it can't happen?

Pretty soon I won't be able to take them out in to public because it will be normal for them to see girls in the boys bathroom, and girls in the boys locker room. I don't what the "gay & transgender" lifestyle shoved down their throats. Hell I just read an article this morning in the Washington Times about a "female" transgender weight lifter breaking all these records in the women's division. Should that be celebrated as normal? What motive does that give real women to compete when a man can become a woman and just dominate every sport? How do you explain that to your daughters that "sorry honey men can now be women and compete against you and if you don't like it you're a bigot"?

So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that if we all stay quiet about it, you can't hide you or your kids from it.

I don't recall saying that you should ignore everything that happens around you. I said that the things that aren't hurting you or others around you that are not your business are not your business. I certainly didn't say that you should ignore government corruption or worse .... the implication is that we live and let live, don't overreact to everything and go off half cocked calling people names and yelling at them but engage in civil discourse instead.

A perfect example is the stupid NFL protest stuff .... none of those poor misguided souls are actually hurting anyone. What they are doing doesn't really matter at all and rather than screaming and ranting about it and creating more conflict it makes more sense to have a civil discussion about it, and if it doesn't change their stance or opinion just stop talking about them, watching them, etc altogether .... vote on their behavior with your time and your dollars rather than ranting to the similarly misguided people that support them because, ultimately, their behavior has absolutely zero affect on your life so it's certainly not worth behavior that would create stress for you over.
Stalin murdered thousands and people said " it's not hurting me so I can mind my own business, Mao killed thousands of Chinese and people said the same thing. If we ignore what's going on around us, we are part of the problem, can't live with your head in the forgot any inappropriate place. Should we just hide instead of going it because some people don't know what they are so our kids won't be exposed? Give up our freedom to come and go? I don't care what they do at home, but I still have the right to go to a movie, shopping, to a park, ECT without some nut job forcing their perversion on me and mine. I don't remember giving up those rights, do you? As for the national felons league, I don't want or rave about them, but reserve my right to protest and allow them the same. I do, however, refuse to watch the game, or buy any of their sponsors products. I once loved baseball, now since the strike in 1992 when little teary Tommy glavln said "we're not making enough money", the national butt-hole league can kiss off, I do believe that is my right to do so. My own personal protest. Well, that turned into a rant unexpectedly. Oh well.

GHT - never tried it. Not once.

But didn't we learn anything from Prohibition? Folks gonna do what folks gonna do, legal or not! And other folks gone find a way to provide that thang they gonna do. And hence, the crime syndicates...

And look at the billions/trillions of dollars lining the pockets of these drug lords...why?

And declaring war on a plant? For goodness sake, legalize it and put all these drug lords out of business! Put more money in AMERICAN pockets for raising/processing/packaging/distributing the product!

I think I'm getting more and more Libertarian the older I get.
Legalizing pot ain`t going to shut down the drug lords. Haven`t you heard of meth? coke? ice? You ever heard of the poppy plant? opium? I don`t have a problem with somebody smoking pot, if I don`t have to pay for their addiction or medical treatment. Or the cost of their wrecking someone on the highway. Pot dealers are another story. I have family members that became addicts, as teens, beginning with pot. Some of them have harmed others. You sell that crap to my kids, my grand kids, it becomes personal. I have no problem with cannabis oil being used as a prescribed medicine, though.

I'm fairly content to let others do whatever, absent it being criminal (Malum in Se, not necessarily Malum Prohibitum).

However there are (or were) lines on what was deemed publicly acceptable and we've let that line get moved by folks who are essentially mentally defective. I've got no problems with homosexuals, but when you're shoving it in society's face that you're here and queer or whatever, then you're working my nerves. You do you, or your boyfriend/girlfriend whatever. What happens between two consenting adults should be nobody's business. But when you start making your business public and aspects of it aren't exactly publicly acceptable there might need to be some steps to reign in that behavior.

As for the whole transgender issue, I'm somewhat divided. On the one hand, freedom to do whatever. On the other hand, an argument can be made that those folks are mentally unstable. Thinking you're something you're not (in this case, the opposite gender) and going whole-hog in to that "fantasy" is surely a sign of mental instability. If I hopped on a hoverboard and rode it around in the street pretending to be a car and insisted people drive me or treat me like a car, I'd be hauled off for a psych eval. Yet transgenderism gets a pass despite these folks being clearly a specific gender, but are allowed to mutilate themselves with surgical assistance in order to help them achieve their delusion that they're in fact something else. You can change the surface, and some internal organs, but your overall biology is still essentially what you were born as.

Stalin murdered thousands and people said " it's not hurting me so I can mind my own business, Mao killed thousands of Chinese and people said the same thing. If we ignore what's going on around us, we are part of the problem, can't live with your head in the forgot any inappropriate place. Should we just hide instead of going it because some people don't know what they are so our kids won't be exposed? Give up our freedom to come and go? I don't care what they do at home, but I still have the right to go to a movie, shopping, to a park, ECT without some nut job forcing their perversion on me and mine. I don't remember giving up those rights, do you?

Exactly! Everyone wants to put their head in the sand and ignore what's going on, all while thinking the world doesn't fall apart around them. But hey it's not my problem right?

meme.jpg

. . . on another note, I deactivated my own access to the politics and hot topics thread - I have more then enough going on in my real life then to be worried about what a bunch of internet geniuses think . . . I'm not going to change their mind and I highly doubt they'll change mine - best leave well enough alone and enjoy life. :D

Stalin murdered thousands and people said " it's not hurting me so I can mind my own business, Mao killed thousands of Chinese and people said the same thing. If we ignore what's going on around us, we are part of the problem, can't live with your head in the forgot any inappropriate place. Should we just hide instead of going it because some people don't know what they are so our kids won't be exposed? Give up our freedom to come and go? I don't care what they do at home, but I still have the right to go to a movie, shopping, to a park, ECT without some nut job forcing their perversion on me and mine. I don't remember giving up those rights, do you? As for the national felons league, I don't want or rave about them, but reserve my right to protest and allow them the same. I do, however, refuse to watch the game, or buy any of their sponsors products. I once loved baseball, now since the strike in 1992 when little teary Tommy glavln said "we're not making enough money", the national butt-hole league can kiss off, I do believe that is my right to do so. My own personal protest. Well, that turned into a rant unexpectedly. Oh well.
Are you seriously trying to equate some dude in a dress reading books to kids or some overpaid **** waffle kneeling to the worst genocides in history?

Back
Top Bottom