• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weaponseducation dude annoys me

I agree, Hickok45 is my favorite. What a great guy, clearly knows his stuff, is a hell of a shot and very humble (imo)...

For the price tag of an Ed Brown, and the fact that this guys owns two of them, I would expect a hand shandy from Ed Brown for putting that much money in his pocket. Not to mention YouTube sells more guns than Obama getting elected to a second term. Perhaps Ed Brown is the d-bag here....or both of them.

For the price tag of an Ed Brown, and the fact that this guys owns two of them, I would expect a hand shandy from Ed Brown for putting that much money in his pocket. Not to mention YouTube sells more guns than Obama getting elected to a second term. Perhaps Ed Brown is the d-bag here....or both of them.

How do you figure? Do you own two Glock's? If so do you think Mr Glock himself owes you personally three or four minutes of his time simply because you bought a couple or a few or hell a dozen of his guns? Ed Brown did not put a gun to that guys head and force him to buy two of his guns. Buying a pair of his pistols is not an admission ticket for an "interview" with Ed Brown for that guys low-level youtube channel masquerading as press. Tom or whatever his name is choose to buy an Ed Brown pistol on his own. Ed Brown made his point very clear at SHOT, he doesn't care what people say about him on some website somewhere so he is not interested in doing an interview. He is doing just fine without the publicity generated by the Weaponseducation youtube channel.

As for the price of Ed Brown 1911's something that I don't think a lot of people understand. Some guns, namely 1911's, M1A's and AR15's are not all created equal despite what you read on some gun blog, the internet or were told by some gun shop commando trying to sell you a gun. Particularly 1911's. While I am a Glock carrier one thing I do know is a good 1911 is damn near a functioning work of art. There is a reason Ed Brown has the back order he does. His guns fall in to that category. His guns are not slapped together part kits from Brownells. They are hand fitted functioning master pieces. The price reflects that. You can get a working 1911 for $500, but what you are paying for when you buy something like an Ed Brown or a Les Baer or a Wilson Combat is the extra attention to detail and craftsmanship that is getting harder and harder to find these days.

How do you figure? Do you own two Glock's? If so do you think Mr Glock himself owes you personally three or four minutes of his time simply because you bought a couple or a few or hell a dozen of his guns? Ed Brown did not put a gun to that guys head and force him to buy two of his guns. Buying a pair of his pistols is not an admission ticket for an "interview" with Ed Brown for that guys low-level youtube channel masquerading as press. Tom or whatever his name is choose to buy an Ed Brown pistol on his own. Ed Brown made his point very clear at SHOT, he doesn't care what people say about him on some website somewhere so he is not interested in doing an interview. He is doing just fine without the publicity generated by the Weaponseducation youtube channel.

As for the price of Ed Brown 1911's something that I don't think a lot of people understand. Some guns, namely 1911's, M1A's and AR15's are not all created equal despite what you read on some gun blog, the internet or were told by some gun shop commando trying to sell you a gun. Particularly 1911's. While I am a Glock carrier one thing I do know is a good 1911 is damn near a functioning work of art. There is a reason Ed Brown has the back order he does. His guns fall in to that category. His guns are not slapped together part kits from Brownells. They are hand fitted functioning master pieces. The price reflects that. You can get a working 1911 for $500, but what you are paying for when you buy something like an Ed Brown or a Les Baer or a Wilson Combat is the extra attention to detail and craftsmanship that is getting harder and harder to find these days.

I agree 100%

I'm not going to compare a Glock to an Ed Brown, however, much like quality craftsmanship is a dying art, so is customer service. I guess the request for an interview is a little beyond typical customer service, but don't you go to SHOT to push your goods and get some press. At least have one of your underlings give this guy some camera time. Hell, before Ed Brown snubbed him this guy did nothing but produce free videos ranting and raving about his products. Plus, the customer base for a $2500+ 1911 is a lot smaller than the market for Glocks. All I'm saying is there is doucheiness on both ends here. To answer your question, if I did get an opportunity to meet Gaston Glock, and he turned out to be a total d-bag, I would probably trade my Glocks for M&Ps(or Les Baer or Wilson Combats in this case). What can I say, I'm kind of old fashion when it comes to being courteous to customers.

Back
Top Bottom