• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, I've got diabetes now it would seem.

IMG_2796.jpeg

Doc prescribed metformin for a 6.9 AIC anyone else take metformin experiencing any issues with the drug?

Lifes a beach then you die.

Good news though my Ruger mini 14 tactical 5.56 is on its way. A team stock just sitting here waiting for it.
when I first was on metformin, I noticed seriously pasty poops. Invested in a bidet, best $30 my booty has ever spent.

If you're having to check daily, a CGM is a game changer. Type 1.5 here and having something that lets me know when I am slipping out of range has done wonders for my overall control. Metformin tears my stomach up. When I fully stopped producing insulin, taking shots and watching what I eat has been a lot nicer than taking pills that make my stomach hurt, make me pee a thousand times a day, and still don't keep me in range.

Make sure you are monitoring your blood sugar often. And also check your blood pressure if you often feel dizzy/lightheaded. Metformin can really drop blood pressure for some people.

Of course your best bet is to diet and lose weight.

My wife was diagnosed with type one diabetes by the drs at the Mayo clinic. Prescribed insulin, metformin, at the time her blood sugar was 639 iirc. a week after getting home, she decided that she would rather die than do what they said as it made her feel so bad. So she adjusted, she fasted and changed her eating habits to be carbohydrate free and here we are today with no health issues at all and verified no longer diabetic which the dr couldn't explain. The woman has way more self control than i do.

Back
Top Bottom