• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well this sucks

Hasselhoss

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
Banned Permanently
168   0
Reaction score
This morning I decided to pull a gun from the safe and sell it to pay for some more remodeling supplies.

I decided on an unfired Gen4 G19 that I've had stashed for just such an occasion. It has Glock night sights and had never even been loaded. I figured I could sell it for a quick $450 and head to the tile store.

When I walked out to my car I decided that I had to at least shoot the darn thing since all the other Glocks I've ever shot were 2nd or 3rd Gens.

I loaded up a Magazine with Monarch steel cased 115gr and walked back to my firing lane. I set up a few beer cans and halfheartedly aimed at one from 25'. Pop... Over she went. The gun recoiled like it had a weak load. I popped another can and had the same results. Same with the next 4.

I decided to shoot some of my carry ammo. I grabbed my Federal 9bple (+p+) and it felt like a standard 9mm.

Accuracy was amazing and follow up shots were much quicker. I ended up putting a hundred rounds of the Monarch down the pipe and backed up to 50 yards for the last 10 shots. I kept a respectable grouping on a pie plate with only one unaccounted for flier out of 10.

...... So I sold another one of my Sigs instead :)

Last edited:
I love my 19! It will be here for a long time unless something really catches my eye! Best defense gun especially with the tlr4 and trijicons! It's a keeper!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    506.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I love my 19! It will be here for a long time unless something really catches my eye! Best defense gun especially with the trl4 and trijicons! It's a keeper!

My edc has been a Gen 2 G19 for years. The Gen 3 never did it for me. Loving the Gen 4 though. With no back straps its the perfect grip size.

Back
Top Bottom