• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your thoughts on pocket carry?

01coltcolt

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Used to pocket carry a little S&W .380 bodyguard, during really hot days and when I was places I didn't want to print. I carried it with one in the chamber, on safe. Now being a double action it would take a significant pull of the trigger to set it off. My buddy used to give me hell about the way I carried it. But I never had a issue. I been carrying a 9mm USP compact in a Holster for awhile now. Its that time of year again when its really hot. I picked up a Kimber Micro Carry on sale for $480.00 yesterday and been considering pocket carry again. Problem I see is the gun is not DA. So one in the pipe with hammer back and on safe, with light trigger pull concerns me. I'm considering a pocket holsters. Additionally before this thread turns into a caliber war. Look into Hornady .380 Auto .90Gr FTX before you start guessing about what you think you know about 9mm and .380 being affective for carry. Its not 1986.

Thoughts? Recommendations? on pocket carry, holster? no holster?

I love the size, fits perfect in my pocket

Size comparison

Thanks D

Get a real pocket holster. Like the Tomahawk or French Curve from Pocket Concealment Systems. Properly boned leather that the gun snaps in to. Bottom shape designed to keep gun upright (call them to discuss your particular styles of dress for best results). Thumb shroud to start separating gun from holster, and the hook catches the holster, so all you come out with is gun in firing grip. Not affiliated; just a satisfied customer for 20+ years.

Personally, I wouldn't carry a cocked-and-locked in a pocket. I like long trigger pulls, even with the holster. Kahrs, revolvers, Kel-Tecs and similar. The Colt Pony was double-action; that was a good one if kinda heavy. Long since unavailable though.

If I pocket carry something the size you are, it's always in a holster. BlackHawk pocket holsters are cheap enough and seem to last. My wife is using the same one from 4 years ago. Everyday.

I carry this in my pocket on weak side. All day, every day. No holster though.
20160625_114135.jpg

Get a real pocket holster. Like the Tomahawk or French Curve from Pocket Concealment Systems. Properly boned leather that the gun snaps in to. Bottom shape designed to keep gun upright (call them to discuss your particular styles of dress for best results). Thumb shroud to start separating gun from holster, and the hook catches the holster, so all you come out with is gun in firing grip. Not affiliated; just a satisfied customer for 20+ years.

Personally, I wouldn't carry a cocked-and-locked in a pocket. I like long trigger pulls, even with the holster. Kahrs, revolvers, Kel-Tecs and similar. The Colt Pony was double-action; that was a good one if kinda heavy. Long since unavailable though.

Are you talking about something like this?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/J-J-CUSTOM-...hash=item46503b6cfa:m:mHhzuNaiAdTnhrMFqYXDSyA

Back
Top Bottom