• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your thoughts on pocket carry?

It did use to be the law. Laws keep changing. Not saying it is or isn't common sense to use a holster. Just stating the law.

I remember when the laws were belt or shoulder holster, or hip grip. No ankle or pocket carry allowed.

All that changed. With a Georgia Weapons Carry License, you can now carry anywhere on your body, holster or not, concealed or not.

Georgia Carry is a great organization that lobbies on behalf of Georgia residents who own and/or carry. It has great information on present laws and present and upcoming legislation.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Method of Carry

Q: Do I need to carry my firearm concealed or may I carry openly?
A:
Under the law, a Georgia Weapons License holder may carry a weapon or long gun openly or concealed in any location that is not off limits. However, should you choose to openly carry a handgun, please be aware of the image you present to the public while doing so. They vote.

Q: Do I have to use a holster?
A:
No

It did use to be the law. Laws keep changing. Not saying it is or isn't common sense to use a holster. Just stating the law.

I remember when the laws were belt or shoulder holster, or hip grip. No ankle or pocket carry allowed.

All that changed. With a Georgia Weapons Carry License, you can now carry anywhere on your body, holster or not, concealed or not.

Georgia Carry is a great organization that lobbies on behalf of Georgia residents who own and/or carry. It has great information on present laws and present and upcoming legislation.

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/georgias-carry-laws-explained/frequently-asked-questions/

Method of Carry

Q: Do I need to carry my firearm concealed or may I carry openly?
A:
Under the law, a Georgia Weapons License holder may carry a weapon or long gun openly or concealed in any location that is not off limits. However, should you choose to openly carry a handgun, please be aware of the image you present to the public while doing so. They vote.

Q: Do I have to use a holster?
A:
No

Thanks for your information. I will continue to use a holster, just seems safer.

Smith 642 in a Nemesis everyday for me. I tried for years to find a carry solution that was comfortable but also included a gun I trusted and shot well. This one does both.

I have considered trying a compact 45 in a Nemesis just to consolidate calibers. 38 Special is my oddball.

Smith 642 in a Nemesis everyday for me. I tried for years to find a carry solution that was comfortable but also included a gun I trusted and shot well. This one does both.

I have considered trying a compact 45 in a Nemesis just to consolidate calibers. 38 Special is my oddball.

I agree with the gun. I am selling my 642 because I have a talo 642 I carry now. I, my wife, mother in law and sister in law all carry the 642 or 442. Of course I carry a Glock also.

Back
Top Bottom