• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you do?

You're in your 40's and still on Face book? Really?

You want a marriage to work then drop the social media bull****. Face book only has 3 purposes. Business advertising, parents to share pics of little kids with grandparents that live far away and trolling for ass from lonely housewives, old flames and desperate divorced woman.

If you're still using FB and its an issue between you two then you need to cancel the account forever or don't bother getting married. EVERY guy I've ever met that had a FB account was on the troll for ass. Period. No one wants to see photos of what some guy in his 40's is doing. No one cares what you had for breakfast or what your mood is. That's for kids and young adults.

Sounds like she's picked up on something from your past via your FB account and I'd bet she's probably right about it too just from what you've written. Get it straight with her, dump FB and get married or dump her and do both of yourselves a favor before hand.

chick with "trust issues" and "control issues" is a cheating ----- who only wants to put you on the defensive to deflect your attention from her activities.

You're in your 40's and still on Face book? Really?

You want a marriage to work then drop the social media bull****. Face book only has 3 purposes. Business advertising, parents to share pics of little kids with grandparents that live far away and trolling for ass from lonely housewives, old flames and desperate divorced woman.

If you're still using FB and its an issue between you two then you need to cancel the account forever or don't bother getting married. EVERY guy I've ever met that had a FB account was on the troll for ass. Period. No one wants to see photos of what some guy in his 40's is doing. No one cares what you had for breakfast or what your mood is. That's for kids and young adults.

Sounds like she's picked up on something from your past via your FB account and I'd bet she's probably right about it too just from what you've written. Get it straight with her, dump FB and get married or dump her and do both of yourselves a favor before hand.

I have to disagree. I am in my 30's and still use facebook and do not use it to troll for ass as you say. I have a facebook account primarily as a simple way of keeping in touch with my military friends regardless of where they are in the country and even while they are deployed.

You're in love and going to marry the daughter of a prominent family in a foreign country?

Something tells me her pops ain't too happy about this. Prominent foreign families like to keep things in the culture and in the circle of friends for the most part. A foreigner usually isn't accepted.

Run now.

Morning update: We spoke last night for a while about this. Although I speak Spanish, there are still things that escape me as far as local or cultural meanings. What she said was "El que no la debe, no la teme". Which, literally translated means "If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear". However, there are many sayings that don't translate literally. This happened to be one of them. The actual translation turns out to be "If you do the right thing, you have nothing to fear". Big difference.

In spite of my overreaction, I still wanted to make sure she understood how dangerous the initial saying was, because there have been moments in the past when she has insinuated that....and last night I believe she saw why that made my eyebrows catch fire. So, in the end, I may have overreacted to something that I interpreted wrong, and she didn't understand what direction she was going in, and how what seemed a simple thought can be quite destructive. And, as we often do, we met in the middle and all is well again in the International Concourse.

Thanks guys for chiming in on this, some had very good input, I chuckled at some remarks. Overall you guys are pretty cool to bounce things off of.

Back
Top Bottom