What do you do?

Run now. Marriage isn't worth the headaches.

Nick T
I'm going with Nick on this one.
Been there three times, No matter how I played it ,they all want to change you until you don't know who the **** you are anymore.
I would keep in mind there could be some control issues there just feeling how far you can be pushed.
I love women to death, however the old joke go's " Anything that bleeds for 7 days ,and doesn't die. Is just pure evil"
Life is too short and Hell is too long.

This gets real interesting around 7:49.

<strong>

Last edited by a moderator:
And as far as children go....we're both in our late 40s, I already have a wonderful daughter from a previous marriage (that, by the way ended horribly) so no children in our sights. Having been married before to a very controlling woman (and might I add she still is), I do have the "Spidey-sense" to that dynamic. I think to some degree most women display this type of behavior every now and then, and the fact that I see it in my GF sometimes doesn't mean I should throw the baby out with the bathwater. In her defense, she is a terrific woman, loves me like I've never been loved before, loves my daughter as her own, and 90% of the time I'm happy. At this point in life, I have to wonder if it gets any better than that.
It definitely merits a long conversation between she and I, to dig into why she said that, and draw a very hard line in the sand as to what that means to me, and what my boundaries are regarding that. I'll be talking to her shortly...will keep all you gents posted. Thanks to all for the input, even the smart-a** ones ;)

Back
Top Bottom