• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What do you look like?

I am on the right and my co-driver is on the left.
me and will.jpg

Back in the early 1990s... A guy walked up to me while I was eating a fast food lunch and asked me "Hey Steve, when are you going to have my car ready?". I didn't have any idea who or what he was talking about. Apparently I looked just like the body shop owner where his car was being repaired. When I told him I was clueless, he seemed stunned and had a hard time believing it. Kept saying I looked just like the other guy. So I guess my look says auto body repair or maybe just Bondo!

I was unfortunate enough to ride in the back seat of 1 just like that....
That pic brings back memories. We were leaving the race track in Albany one night and stopped for gas. We were on my step brothers 93 notchback just like this one. Of course he was driving because I was underage but probably drinking. GSP pulls up to get gas. I asked if his car was fast and he said we could find out. The offer was we would run 1/4 mile if we won we kept going if he one we got pulled over. I'm pretty sure we would have smoked him. My brother wished him a safe evening and told me to get my dumb butt in the car and shut up. We knew he was kidding but I couldn't help but think about how cool it would have been.

That pic brings back memories. We were leaving the race track in Albany one night and stopped for gas. We were on my step brothers 93 notchback just like this one. Of course he was driving because I was underage but probably drinking. GSP pulls up to get gas. I asked if his car was fast and he said we could find out. The offer was we would run 1/4 mile if we won we kept going if he one we got pulled over. I'm pretty sure we would have smoked him. My brother wished him a safe evening and told me to get my dumb butt in the car and shut up. We knew he was kidding but I couldn't help but think about how cool it would have been.
I can tell you for a fact, it would do 55 mph in 1st gear.

Dang man! palmettomoon palmettomoon you of all ppl should KNOW not to stop for gas on Shurling Drive!

My old coworker who is a big ol dude for real had an attempted strong arm robbery on him there when he was getting gas. Let me tell you, he's the last guy I would try and rob. The guy told him, "Jesus said you would give me $20."

He said, "Well Jesus told you wrong." And the guy grabbed at him and tried to reach in the truck, I guess he figured out real quick Dave was about to twist that guy into a pretzel, so he took off. I ABSOLUTELY HATE that we can't have weapons where we work. If you have to stop for anything in the way home, you're unarmed. Can't stand it.

Back
Top Bottom