• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What exactly is the point in peeking at my gwcl?

You knew or should have known the buyer is a raging psychotic and was going to use the fully semi-automatics you sold him to murder those people...otherwise he would have bought from a dealer...he had the money so that is proof he was trying to avoid a background check. .

You know people will judge the circumstances of your selling a car and a gun differently.

Nobody would reasonably expect you to be a forgery expert, just as they wouldn't expect you to be psychology expert. You have to keep in mind, if you're ever in front of a jury: They're average folks, and they'll be asking themselves "What would I have done?" when judging the choices you made. Somebody showed you a fake GWL? Maybe they see you as a victim, too. Didn't bother to ask for a GWL? Maybe they see you as a careless facilitator of the tragedy.

I'm not worried. Just trying to relay the realities of what could happen if you were upstream of a tragedy with a sold gun, chased by a lawsuit.

So in this hypothetical civil suit that no one has ever heard of happening before, but that could possibly happen, what's to stop the prosecuting attorney from convincing these simple people in the jury that I should have gone through an FFL to sell this hypothetical gun to a hypothetical buyer who then used it to hurt someone?

Even though it's not required by law in this state to ask for any proof that the buyer can legally purchase a gun if I am asking for said proof shouldn't I also do my due diligence by transferring the gun through an FFL if 'maybe' something bad could happen?

I understand your concern and for the record I have only bought and sold and traded guns here on the ODT and only with members who had more trades than I and with 100% feedback, so if I did sell to someone who couldn't legally own a gun so did a lot of ODT members, including some in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom