• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What firearm was your biggest disappointment?

Many years ago, I went to a gun show with a good friend. He picked up an off brand 22 revolver for $60-65 new. He is an excellent shooter and I'm not too bad either, but neither one of us could hit a Coke can from 10 feet with that gun. I think we finally got it from the 5 foot mark and put it away. I wish I could recall the brand to tell everyone to stay away from it.

I've owned many and can say the ones I thought would be crap really impressed me.

The RIA 1911 was very impressive and accurate right out of the box to the point where it's on my hip constantly with confidence.

The Bersa thunder duo tone .380 was a real joy to shoot and carry as a back up.

charter arms .44 special bulldog and the .357 cousin were both awesome pocket cannons....miss them both.

The only firearm I've ever owned and was disappointed with was a dissipator multi AR that was a FTF, FTE monster from hell.....really turned me off but I'm happy with the .308 version.

I also had a poly tech AK-47 that did not feed well from time to time to the point where I got frustrated with it and traded to a gunsmith that reeeeeeallllly wanted it bad.

Springer Loaded 1911 it gave me a wicked bad vibe when
I got it home like this sob is gonna kill me sold it in a week

That's to bad. I have a springy 1911 A1 and It's the finest pistol I have ever owned. Smoot trigger and flawless function. I would have sent it back. They have a excellent customer service department. What people have to realize that the todays ramped up production that a few guns are going to get out that don't meet quality control standards. You can't base a companies performance on one guns problems. Everyone I speak to just raves on Springy firearms.

Beretta 96 Brigadier Stainless in .40S&W- slide release broke off after a little more than 100 rds, recoil was ridiculous for a gun that heavy

Glocks- I just don't like them, they are ugly and don't feel good in my hand. I keep trying to like them and have tried every Gen in every size, I still hate them.

XD's- regular XD don't like the size or how high the slide sits above my hand, XDM never found one that felt good in my hand

Any M&P handgun- I would love these, but the grips just feel to slick, add in a little sweat and they become slippery- would have been fine with grip tape, but why should I have to do that

Kimber Pro Carry II Stainless- I've owned 2 of these and they were both crap. Barrels rusted, FTF, FTE-even using Wilson mags and ball ammo

Kimber Super Carry Pro HD- Loved the look and feel of it and it was accurate when it worked, but alas, it had the same issues my 2 Pro Carry's had, minus the barrel rust

Taurus PT1911- I traded into one of these and the slide to frame fit was the worst I've seen on any 1911, was so sloppy I didn't even bother to shoot it.

Back
Top Bottom