• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What guns do you have that you never want to sell?

Remington Nylon 66 bought new at Gibson’s pharmacy in 1976.
I saved up half of the $49.95 on sale for $45 by collecting returnable bottles, dad paid the other half and mom bought me 500 22lr rounds for like a dollar or so.
Still shoots great,cleaned it once a few years ago and it was a pain.
My first real firearm.

I will never sell my S&W 686. It's a 4" full underlug manufactured in 1988 with the big target grips. Whoever owned it before me had never fired it. I've got over 5000 rounds through it now (mostly 38, but a lot of magnum loads too!). I bought it about a year ago, and during that time I was cruising timber for a living. It went everywhere with me for several months of being in the woods alone all day. I was often 2-3 hours from any civilization with no communications, and I actually used 4x4 every single day. The locals weren't the most friendly people either. It was my first really nice firearm as I had just graduated college at the time.

It's easily a 150-200yd gun on man sized targets with a rest and appropriate holdovers. 50yd shots are trivial in single action, and only a little harder in double action. I bought a CZ75 recently that I shoot a lot more, but I'll never sell this S&W. I'm not even that into "wood and steel" guns either. There's just something about it I can't describe. Perhaps it's the things I went through while carrying it?

20180616_104324.jpg
20190602_144709.jpg
20190602_144922.jpg

I have two, that won’t ever get sold. Both of them my Father carried as a police officer. One of them saved his life. Neither have much collectible or financial value, but my grandchildren will have them and they will shoot them.

I have my dad's .45; according to him, it probably saved his life in WWII. I'm not sure who should get it when I'm gone.

RUGER #1A 7x57
Sold it twice due to cancer costs and got it back both times! Beautiful wood and very accurate! Will keep until I’m gone!

Sold another favorite to my son and never wanted to part with it as it was my favorite! An early Dakota Arms 76 in .270 with an MPI stock. Tack driver took many deer. Has a very low serial # and in left hand! Factory engraved bolt handle, and fit me perfectly.

Cancer changed a lot of things as does being a senior citizen so the #1 is perfect. Light, low recoil, easy on the eyes and fun.

Back
Top Bottom