• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

I'm sure that youtube video was up before he bought that pistol. Nice research there buddy. And the Mosquito isn't much better lol.

Yes, he also mentioned the "piece of crap" S&W Bodyguard .380 that we sold him, though that one wasn't on me.

Personally, I research most guns pretty thoroughly BEFORE I buy them.

And for the record, I tried to steer him towards the 22/45. If we'd had a threaded SR22 I would have definitely tried to steer him towards that. But when someone says "that's the one I'm looking for, I'll take it" it would ordinarily indicate that they've at least done SOME research, wouldn't it?

Yes, he also mentioned the "piece of crap" S&W Bodyguard .380 that we sold him, though that one wasn't on me.

Personally, I research most guns pretty thoroughly BEFORE I buy them.

And for the record, I tried to steer him towards the 22/45. If we'd had a threaded SR22 I would have definitely tried to steer him towards that. But when someone says "that's the one I'm looking for, I'll take it" it would ordinarily indicate that they've at least done SOME research, wouldn't it?

You would think. Caveat emptor.

Back in the 70's, guy walks into my buddy's shop with pump 12 gauge and says got a prob with my gun, buddy asks did you unload before coming in, guy says yep, points muzzle at ceiling..pulls trigger and blows a pie plate size hole in ceiling.

Back in the 70's, guy walks into my buddy's shop with pump 12 gauge and says got a prob with my gun, buddy asks did you unload before coming in, guy says yep, points muzzle at ceiling..pulls trigger and blows a pie plate size hole in ceiling.

That shyte might just get you shot these days. Just sayin'.

at the gun show, a woman was with her presumed husband and not having a good time. HE was clearly trying to get her involved in something that she is not interested in. He points to some guns, says some BS "glocks arent comfortable, youd like this rossi better, etc etc" you know the standard stupid stuff.

she finally lights up, gets a smile, and points at a pink pistol. i think it was one of those stainless revolvers with pink handles. she says "ohhh i like that one!"

the f-tard turns around, belly laughs in her face and says "if your gonna shoot someone you need to scare em first! pink aint scary!!"

Later in the show i hear the same guy say "if your gonna shoot someone you want LASERS coming out of it too! LASERS are SCARY!!! HELL you probably wont even have to shoot tha bastard if you pull out your gun and shoot him with a laser."

This wasn't at a gun shop or at a show, it was here, on ODT. I had a very nice 12 ga. pump for sale with a 3" chamber and was advertised as such. I actually a question from a prospective buyer asking if it would shoot 2-3/4" shells too. I told the person (don't know their gender) that it would fire 2-3/4" shells but with a 3" shell the shot would go 1/4" further.

This wasn't at a gun shop or at a show, it was here, on ODT. I had a very nice 12 ga. pump for sale with a 3" chamber and was advertised as such. I actually a question from a prospective buyer asking if it would shoot 2-3/4" shells too. I told the person (don't know their gender) that it would fire 2-3/4" shells but with a 3" shell the shot would go 1/4" further.

Thats really funny!

I saw some 357 sig behind the counter at academy sports and asked why it was back there and could i buy some, so the guy i asked turns to another guy and asks him if i could buy it, as i walk away after getting a box i hear the guy i asked originally ask the other guy working, hey whats the difference in 357 sig? And the second guy says its for semiauto handguns and that it was behind the counter because people were confusing it with 357mag. I know not everyone is a expert but how can you work around firearms without knowing some basic ammo information. What if i needed help?

Back
Top Bottom