• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

I was told today when I asked about the availability of a compensated glock that I "shouldnt get one since they cause temporary blindness lasting up to 5 minutes if I shoot them anytime other than midday." I just walked away and decided not to even try. they didnt have one anyway.

Well... I went to put a used gun on layaway at a place I have bought well over 100 guns from. A place where typically I'll get a wave from a few employees when I walk in. It's busy, so I approach a couple if FNG's at the counter with a used rifle I want to put a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR CASH DEPOSIT on until payday, which is next week.

I was told "oh, our managers say that if we only have one of that kind of item in stock, we can't layaway it". Which I appreciated, as this was a nice pre-ban norinco AK sporter. BUT.. as I was walking it back to the rack pissed off a *little*.. I was told

"but if you say you want it, we can do a 24 hour hold on it for you".

So.. I want to put $500 down (on an $900 gun) to secure it for a week and that won't fly.. but if I TELL you I'm good for it and offer no deposit.. you'll consider it sold?

I know the manager pretty well, and could have pleaded the case.. but damn.. I'd rather let my rather sizable budget move elsewhere.

Well... I went to put a used gun on layaway at a place I have bought well over 100 guns from. A place where typically I'll get a wave from a few employees when I walk in. It's busy, so I approach a couple if FNG's at the counter with a used rifle I want to put a FIVE HUNDRED DOLLAR CASH DEPOSIT on until payday, which is next week.

I was told "oh, our managers say that if we only have one of that kind of item in stock, we can't layaway it". Which I appreciated, as this was a nice pre-ban norinco AK sporter. BUT.. as I was walking it back to the rack pissed off a *little*.. I was told

"but if you say you want it, we can do a 24 hour hold on it for you".

So.. I want to put $500 down (on an $900 gun) to secure it for a week and that won't fly.. but if I TELL you I'm good for it and offer no deposit.. you'll consider it sold?

I know the manager pretty well, and could have pleaded the case.. but damn.. I'd rather let my rather sizable budget move elsewhere.

I would think this only applied to new guns if anything at all.

I saw some 357 sig behind the counter at academy sports and asked why it was back there and could i buy some, so the guy i asked turns to another guy and asks him if i could buy it, as i walk away after getting a box i hear the guy i asked originally ask the other guy working, hey whats the difference in 357 sig? And the second guy says its for semiauto handguns and that it was behind the counter because people were confusing it with 357mag. I know not everyone is a expert but how can you work around firearms without knowing some basic ammo information. What if i needed help?

I had to explain the difference to my son-in-law when he was working at a wally world sports counter (he shots but had never heard of the 357sig), I suspect they do the type of training at Academy for the counter people that wally world does (none)

Back
Top Bottom