• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the dumbest thing you've seen/heard in a gun shop?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like somebody did the right thing putting it back there because they won't take ammo back. I had to inform a lady of the difference whom I overheard on the phone with her husband to keep her from buying .357 Sig at wally world, without calling her hubby and confirming.Sure enough wrong stuff.
Sounds like he had a good one though if she was willing to ammo shop wally world for him. :)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Sounds like somebody did the right thing putting it back there because they won't take ammo back. I had to inform a lady of the difference whom I overheard on the phone with her husband to keep her from buying .357 Sig at wally world, without calling her hubby and confirming.Sure enough wrong stuff.
Sounds like he had a good one though if she was willing to ammo shop wally world for him. :)
:thumb: she's a keeper

I was in adventure outdoors doing the background check on my wheel gun and I saw two guys come in wearing ACU uniforms. one was a pv2 and one was a pfc.
one guy had his hands in his pockets, boot laces hanging out on one foot, and no unit patch
the other guy was still wearing his hat inside.

(insert expletive) privates....

I also love when I see a teenager walk in asking so see firearms like the beretta 92, usp, desert eagle, barrett m82, acr, scar, vector....basically all the call of duty guns. its even better when the clerk lets them hold it and they lean back when they shoulder it, have their finger on the trigger, or flag people.

I went to a local sport shop to try to buy some .45acp and all they had was .45LC on the shelve. When i asked for some acp this guy told me, ''this is all we have, it will fit in your gun.'' I thought he was joking,''see, its for colt's''. I left immediately. This has been several years ago, i will never forget that.

I saw some 357 sig behind the counter at academy sports and asked why it was back there and could i buy some, so the guy i asked turns to another guy and asks him if i could buy it, as i walk away after getting a box i hear the guy i asked originally ask the other guy working, hey whats the difference in 357 sig? And the second guy says its for semiauto handguns and that it was behind the counter because people were confusing it with 357mag. I know not everyone is a expert but how can you work around firearms without knowing some basic ammo information. What if i needed help?

They just look it up online. My buddy just went toAO last week and was tellimg me every question he asked about a specific rifle the guy just said hold on a sec while I look it up.

They just hire employees that can work. Don't need to know ANYTHING about firearms.......that's what the internet is for.

I was in Academy the other day and there was a couple asking questions about AR-15s.
I walked up just as the employee was answering a question about polymer lowers. He said "You don't want a polymer lower OR upper.....they just aren't accurate."

Today.

Guy calls store. Guy asks for specific gun. Guy comes into store, looks at specific gun he asked for on the phone. Guy buys same gun and goes home. Later, guy calls store and says gun he bought was NOT the gun he wanted. Confirmed that gun he bought is the same one he examined before purchase. It was. Told guy (nicely) to go pound sand.

Its not always the salesmen.

Employee @ Dick's sporting goods said that he believes that no company will be making .22 bullets any more. That is why there is a drought, production has slowed and will cease soon.

Back
Top Bottom