• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is your favorite handgun that you have owned?

Burdy

Default rank 5000+ posts
ODT Co-Founder
Forum Owner
260   0
Reaction score
Ill start this one and its EASY for me even after years of Glocks, a try at Springfield and others nothing feels like an extension of my arm like my FN Five Seven and nothing else has been 100% reliable like it has. :cool:

Last edited:
I have a Taurus 24/7pt .45 It is my first so I guess it is my fav so far. I have only put a 100 rounds through it, but I am happy so far.

I am enjoying my new S&W M&P 40c. Feels good in my hand and I like the balance. It conceals nicely as well.

I held the Five Seven you mentioned. It did feel pretty good. I was turned off by the price first of all. Another thing I didn't like was that a few of the features, specifically the safety, felt like they should be on a cheap toy. It is a very cool caliber though.

I really want a M&P. It is in my near future. I think im probably going to wait to buy the KelTec PMR-30 as soon as it hits next month and then start looking for an M&P 9c. And yes, the Five Seven does look AND feel cheap, but its a wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. Its downright intoxicating to shoot.

I really want a M&P. It is in my near future. I think im probably going to wait to buy the KelTec PMR-30 as soon as it hits next month and then start looking for an M&P 9c. And yes, the Five Seven does look AND feel cheap, but its a wolf in sheep's clothing for sure. Its downright intoxicating to shoot.

I carried a 9mm for years. I like them. I stepped up to the 40 S&W this year. I like it equally. There is a huge difference in 165 and 180 grain with the 40. The 165 is very smooth, but I keep it full of 180 grain Black Talons.

I definitely recommend the M&P line in whatever caliber you decide on.

I shot .40 forever, and funny, b/c now I prefer either .45 or 9mm instead. In most guns .45 shoots softer to me with quicker target aquisition than .40 due to less muzzle flip. So I prefer the more accurate (to me) larger bullet of the .45, or in other cases the extra rounds of the 9mm.

I did hold a XD sub-compact 9mm before purchasing the M&P. It felt great in my hand, but I don't love the look of the XD. Talk about extra rounds though, that XD(m) would take care of business. 19+1 is a lot of rounds.

Can't say which one, but one of my 1911s for sure. My flagship is a Springer TGO which is a pretty nice shooter...

[Broken External Image]:

Back
Top Bottom