• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What Rifle Caliber Will You NOT own?

Show me on this doll where the inanimate cartridge touched you
e94s3.jpg
Lmao

The .308 is at a slight disadvantage to its necked-down 7mm offspring, at 300-800 yards. It's got lower velocity, less kinetic energy delivered on target, more bullet drop, and more wind drift.

But if you believe in practicing a lot and getting a lot of trigger time, the cheap and plentiful availability of .308 wins.

You can get affordable remanufactured 308, imported foreign-made 308, and old military surplus 7.62 NATO. These options give that caliber the advantage.

The .308 is at a slight disadvantage to its necked-down 7mm offspring, at 300-800 yards. It's got lower velocity, less kinetic energy delivered on target, more bullet drop, and more wind drift.

But if you believe in practicing a lot and getting a lot of trigger time, the cheap and plentiful availability of .308 wins.

You can get affordable remanufactured 308, imported foreign-made 308, and old military surplus 7.62 NATO. These options give that caliber the advantage.

I agree with everything said, but I would truly be wasting ammo out at those yardage. Like I said I own both and hunt with both . The older i get the more i like heavy round nose ammo and those are easy to find in 30 caliber rounds

Because 308 and 300 win mag. I can shoot targets or game at very long known range with either. And i don't see myself in a SD situation where I got to shoot people at long distance or unknown range where the difference in bullet trajectory is going to matter.

Back
Top Bottom