• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What the **** is wrong with men/boys this dayz???

Shout out to south side Steve !
I really miss The Regular Guys. There was a station in Macon that carried it for a while. BTW I heard a talk show special last week on WOKV out of Jacksonville ( Basically a Herman Cain substitute from WSB) But it featured among others, Eric Von Hesler formerly of TRG and Neil Boortz talking about the first 100 days of Trump. I wish Boortz and Von Hesler would get a show somewhere.

I really miss The Regular Guys. There was a station in Macon that carried it for a while. BTW I heard a talk show special last week on WOKV out of Jacksonville ( Basically a Herman Cain substitute from WSB) But it featured among others, Eric Von Hesler formerly of TRG and Neil Boortz talking about the first 100 days of Trump. I wish Boortz and Von Hesler would get a show somewhere.
Too bad the regular guys are long gone. What is it now? Like English nick and so and so. South side Steve is like the last survivor from the regular guys show. I agree though, never had a problem riding early to work and listening to the Reg. guys, now I wait till it's a rock block. Always loved Herman though

Yeah comon.
Never met him so I can't say. But you have to give him credit for being a fixture in FM radio in Atlanta for a long time. When I listened to TRG back in 10/11 all the other guys were good in their own right ( Well Larry was kind of a dick) but anyway it's like Steve was the homeboy amongst the west coast guys and yankees that was there to explain Georgia especially North Georgia to the rest of them.
Plus Southside was on 96 Rock when it was still halfway cool.

Too bad the regular guys are long gone. What is it now? Like English nick and so and so. South side Steve is like the last survivor from the regular guys show. I agree though, never had a problem riding early to work and listening to the Reg. guys, now I wait till it's a rock block. Always loved Herman though
Yeah and early morning radio can REALLY suck depending on your market. When we lived in Peach Co/Middle GA we got John Boy and Billy on probably 3 different stations. But I had a belly full of them somewhere around 96 or 97. I usually listen to talk radio but in the mornings there's nothing good on AM or FM Talk Radio. I really hate FM Classic Rock radio. I've heard enough Boston,Skynyrd,Aerosmith,Rush etc for 3 lifetimes.

Never met him so I can't say. But you have to give him credit for being a fixture in FM radio in Atlanta for a long time. When I listened to TRG back in 10/11 all the other guys were good in their own right ( Well Larry was kind of a dick) but anyway it's like Steve was the homeboy amongst the west coast guys and yankees that was there to explain Georgia especially North Georgia to the rest of them.
Plus Southside was on 96 Rock when it was still halfway cool.
Im from Woodstock! Born and raised. Before I left for the Army, my old man was listening to south side Steve in the work van dropping me off to public school, when I got back ten years later south side Steve was on the air talking about a live Steely Dan concert lol. I've heard that dude for 15 years at least! he's a GA Boy for sure, but he's like our home-grown, special, habitual f***-up, little cousin.

Yeah and early morning radio can REALLY suck depending on your market. When we lived in Peach Co/Middle GA we got John Boy and Billy on probably 3 different stations. But I had a belly full of them somewhere around 96 or 97. I usually listen to talk radio but in the mornings there's nothing good on AM or FM Talk Radio. I really hate FM Classic Rock radio. I've heard enough Boston,Skynyrd,Aerosmith,Rush etc for 3 lifetimes.
I'll listen if it's Floyd or Zep :rockon:

13239192_10206838224299607_2940267415339886600_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom