Votes: 2 7.1%
  • .45 pistol

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • .38 pistol

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Leave them at home

Votes: 7 25.0%

• Total voters
Well then you will want to keep your food very close to you at night, so you can defend it from those rummaging bears.

You can hide the smelliest food inside your sleeping bag, down by your feet, where the smell of your feet will mask the smell of your food.
That's as funny as a screen door on a submarine!

OP, you said your ONLY options are the .38, the .45 and a .223.

I think the .223 with the right big-game bullets probably represents the most effective weapon of the three, but...
... but I would not want to carry that thing with me all the time.

And I strongly believe that the gun you rely on for personal defense has to be on your body or within your easy reach at all times. Not in your tent. Not on the picnic table. Not hanging by a sling from a tree limb at your campsite.

So, I say use the .45 ACP Glock. Wear it in a holster on your body.

OP, you said your ONLY options are the .38, the .45 and a .223.

I think the .223 with the right big-game bullets probably represents the most effective weapon of the three, but...
... but I would not want to carry that thing with me all the time.

And I strongly believe that the gun you rely on for personal defense has to be on your body or within your easy reach at all times. Not in your tent. Not on the picnic table. Not hanging by a sling from a tree limb at your campsite.

So, I say use the .45 ACP Glock. Wear it in a holster on your body.

The gun I typically pack around the campsite is an LCP (NOT included in my caliber consideration) which is for two-legged varmints. I can swap it out pretty well for the .45. Makes good sense.

Back
Top Bottom