• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What would a day on a 500 yard range be worth to you

Great idea allowing a couple friends come by and hang out to shoot on a weekend day. I don't think that Spaulding Co smiles on homebased ranges. I seem to remember hearing that Fullblown had a hard time getting permits and licenses and I think the county claimed there would be no more after that one. So yeah if you're charging a fee you could get into some trouble I would think but friends hanging out on a Saturday afternoon why not. Let us know what you find and decide neighbor and good luck.

It should be free for ODT brothers!!! If i had the land, i would have a meet and greet once every 3 months. Charging people?? Nope.

With all this said. You have a good idea, a service people want and the land to do it with. It's a shame that in today's day and age of law suits, government regulations, insurance etc., that it's difficult to act on your dreams.

I say if you want to do it, gather all the info you can and weigh the pros and cons of each.

GLWS! And I truly mean that!

Hey Bu1ddy!
Yo! I don't go on weekends as the place is a mad house. I get nervous with all those people. If you get a day off through the week shoot me a text. I have been itching to go. I can go anytime. We just have to be back down here by 3:30. Text me if you get a day. 404-437-9592. Be glad to have a second and meet a fellow OTD'er.

It's the people who leave trash, abuse the property and sneak on when they and their never paying invite-alongs start using it witout permission. I have seen it since high school (long ago) and it always ends bady. Beers cans, food trash and unsafe BS as well as the people (and their friends that use it without permission) usually friends ofn "legitimte "responsible" paying members are never held accountable.

If the property always has a responsible person onsite and donations from the "friends" that use it are made, it usually has a different outcome.
Tough call I would avoid again.

Back
Top Bottom