• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What would a day on a 500 yard range be worth to you

sc951

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
74   0
Reaction score
I'm kicking the idea around on letting up to 4 shooters use my range for a day at the time. I have steel at 100, 200, 250, 300, 400 and 500 yards. Can also put up big cardboard to hang paper. There is a single shooting bench and a prone deck. Arrangements could be made to shoot after dark if you wanted to check out you NV / thermal.
Located just west of Griffin. 1 hour from Macon and Atlanta.
What would it be worth per person?

CMP in Talladega charges $30 for a full days shooting on their 600 yard range. This may give you a starting place for how much it's worth.
http://thecmp.org/competitions/talladega-marksmanship-park/

ee.jpg

I'm not sure about all of the rules but I think if you start getting paid for doing this you start getting into a whole line of permitting and taxing issues. It's one thing to let your buddy shoot on your property, it's a whole different thing to get paid when strangers start doing it. I would look into that a little before going to far with it.

I'm not sure about all of the rules but I think if you start getting paid for doing this you start getting into a whole line of permitting and taxing issues. It's one thing to let your buddy shoot on your property, it's a whole different thing to get paid when strangers start doing it. I would look into that a little before going to far with it.

Agreed! All it would take is one accident to lose your property!

depends on how many people is there with you at a given time. Just me and a spotter would be worth more than having to wait on others to shoot and clear, etc.

good point!!

Back
Top Bottom