• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

If you were in a store and carrying, and someone came in armed and started robbing the place...would you draw and intervene (if you were not directtly threatened) or not get involved based on possible legal ramifacations if you shoot (or kill) the robber? I have just been wondering what I would do in that situation.

Outdoorsman.

This statement is based on the situation that was provided above:

First of all I am not the store owner so it's not my property that's at stake. You said he was armed, I am going to assume for the sake of the situation that he does have a handgun. I am not a LEO so it is not my obligation to subdue him, and more importantly attempting to do so may put myself and others in harms way. So my action would be to remain calm and alert and not let that person know I had a weapon. In the best case scenario he would get his money and leave, so that the police could pick him up in the parking lot.

But I will say this. Anyone that points a gun at me, has just put their life in danger. Especially a man that is committing a felony in the process. Given the situation, no shots have been fired. The guy probably only wants the money. My weapon would remain holstered. I would have no problem using deadly force, I do not value his life more than my own.

I guess I'm late in the conversation, but I think you should start with
"Now you boys put those guns down... we're not going to just let you walk out of here."

It's happened before, if you come out on top and plug both the perps...99% of the time you'll be not charged by the DA..

BUT!!!...always assume a civil case will follow....in which case you can only hope you get a reasonable judge and not a POS.....

genetics are a funny thing...usually scumbags that would bust in a place holding a gun threating to kill people probably has a scum bag cousins, bro/sis, parents, scum bag kids, or some other members of the scumbag tree...and more than likely they will use this situation as an opportunity to profit for themselves...when instead they should be greiving and learning from the mistakes their relative made.

No truer words were spoken.......

I would probably, evade, take cover, make my way to the nearest exit it possible, or bathroom and lock my self in side and
call 911, and tell them the situation. Let the cops do what thier paid for. This isnt a charles bronson movie. Let the police deal with this non sence.

As much as I hate it, the legal system in this country is fubar. So unless shots have been fired, I'm not drawing my weapon. May sound cold, I know, but chances are there's going to be a jury of morons, who watch the leftist media everyday deciding my fate if I decide to drop the ****head.

Back
Top Bottom