• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What Would You Do?

x2 on Monte's and Badger's comments...

I hope to never be in the situation that the OP has presented to us here in this thread. However, should that happen, the last thing I want is to go out in a blaze of glory. The thought of taking another human life is not one I take lightly, regardless of the situation. I can only imagine the weight that action would place on a person over the years, even in the knowledge that I did what I had to do to protect my family. I don't get the Rambo attitude displayed by some here but to me it is locker room bravado. Something I understand even less is why someone would carry a firearm for protection and NOT train with it properly. In a stressful situation I believe that many of these "gun toters" think they will perform at their highest, when in reality, we typically perform at our lowest level of proficiency. Thus the need for raising that lowest level thru adequate, constant, and persistent training. I hear of people talking about "truck" guns like they are throw away guns, not willing to invest $$$ into the very thing that may save (or cost) them their life.

I carry daily. Concealed, because I like the tactical advantage it gives me and don't like the stares or bullseye an open carry puts on me. I carry a tupperware gun that is ugly by some peoples standards because it isn't all metal and doesn't have mother of pearl grips. I believe in it 100% of the time and I bet my life on it daily and will continue to do so. Badger I hear your comments and I appreciate them immensely as do I your years of service. I sincerely wish that all those that carry daily would at least take a minute to let your ideas sink it just a little deeper before they get up in arms. I believe this site has an immense amount of collective knowledge, we will just all have to learn to ignore the bravado of the locker room studs.

I have to say that is one of the most well-written posts I've read on here...wow.

If I can articulate in a court of law that I felt my life or the life of another was in jepardy, and there is no chance of my actions causing harm to another person other than the violator. Then its on.

Great question. First I'd get out of the proprietor's line of fire, access the threat level, take some cover where available, ready my weapon out of perps view and then..........and then......if harm was eminent to others not shoot until I see the white of there eyes!

Great question. First I'd get out of the proprietor's line of fire, access the threat level, take some cover where available, ready my weapon out of perps view and then..........and then......if harm was eminent to others not shoot until I see the white of there eyes!

Tho I see a little levity here..you demonstrate a logical thought process about threat assessment, safety, restraint and advantage and that is what keeps you alive and out of jail. 5 stars to you!

yep i would do the same thing, except i would grab a can of pork and beans and hit the bg in the head, and then tie him up with duct tape.:p

Back
Top Bottom