What's considered a good grouping at 7 yards rapid fire?

Because we choose to race with guns. You wouldn't show up at the drag strip with your daily driver would you ? We don't show up to a match with stock guns. Take the paint off my Glock and it looks sick, but open it up and it sure isn't.

Ans that's cool and all. Drag race all ya want. but not everybody drag races with their guns. Just as you wouldn't carry a race gun for defense, you're not gonna carry a glock with a ny1 trigger into a match. When the subject of "rapid fire" got brought up, several immediately assumed competition. But op wasnt using a race gun, he was using a service weapon.

For a good benchmark to test your skill at shooting quickly using a mostly, if not all stock "service" gun, look at the F.A.S.T. drill promoted by Todd Green.
I believe Sevigny shot it under 4 seconds & its one that is not to hard to set up yourself.

Ans that's cool and all. Drag race all ya want. but not everybody drag races with their guns. Just as you wouldn't carry a race gun for defense, you're not gonna carry a glock with a ny1 trigger into a match. When the subject of "rapid fire" got brought up, several immediately assumed competition. But op wasnt using a race gun, he was using a service weapon.

Um I do carry my race gun

But what it takes to shoot both the same is still the same. The function of the gun matters not.
Very true. but a service weapon takes more practice to run fast than a race gun. Hell I could.mag.dump the **** out.of my 19 in a 2" grouping at 15 feet after experience with it, but it took.some getting accustomed.to.

For a good benchmark to test your skill at shooting quickly using a mostly, if not all stock "service" gun, look at the F.A.S.T. drill promoted by Todd Green.
I believe Sevigny shot it under 4 seconds & its one that is not to hard to set up yourself.
that actually looks pretty fun and challenging. May have to give that a whirl sometime.

These guys know a bit more that I..well a good bit more. I learned to shoot slow first and practiced with both eyes open sometimes, tried bluring my vision a little and keeping the front sight on target. This is easy to practice when dryfiring.. When I started shooting fast with one eye i was suprised at how tight i kept them. I think the two eyes open thing helped me learn to focus on the front sight and pulling the trigger when it was in the right spot at the right time, trigger reset helps too.

Its all about practice and trying different things to find out what helps id say, always focus on the basics , lots of dry firing and getting rounds down range.

Oh...that group is a damn fine start and would certainly do what it need to do, nice. Wait until you see what you can do after time, trial and practice.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom