• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's considered rough seas (pics of fish added)

as other have said really matters on how fast as well. 2-4 under 5 seconds is not gonna be much fun. 2-4 already isnt great but can be doable. i've done similar on a similar boat and been fine sometimes and been hanging over the railing others.

LMAO,,, 2 to 4, got that in my hot tub some nights,, Worked in the Gulf of Mexico and riding out to the rigs we would run into a bad storm and would hit 20' to 25' waves.
IN a 53 foot boat you won't have any problems, don't think about it and have fun. take some saltine crackers with you and post some Fish Pics

If you have to take Dramamine the night before and some in the morning,, also eat some Ginger, that will calm your stomach down

I chartered for eight years and 2-4 are the normal and makes good fishing. 3-5 no good but fishable if you are experienced fisher men and good on your feet. You will be fine with a boat like that, I fished 2-4 with 27 ft and it is great.

This thread tickles me, I grew up in the keys that's just choppy water. I have seen some loose their lunch, just after throwing the lines to leave, also been in the South China Sea during a typhoon with 30 footers. If you are really worried about getting sick, get your doctor to prescribe scopolamine patch for you. Puke makes great chum!! Best of luck and have a great time.

2-4 piece of cake, if you get sick do as one of my sons does.......just go gag your self before boarding and throw up first, nothing to worry about.....................

87501811-EFEC-40A7-8BE7-B1F5F10C0D6D.jpeg

You’ll be fine. Just keep a life jacket handy.

Back
Top Bottom