• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's going on with the trader?

I am not going to address prices on ODT. Instead, I am going to address whether or not items are selling. Well, contrary to what some believe, items are selling and some quite rapidly. Some very hard to find items are being offered on this site. For example, to some, mainly revolvers nuts like me, the M66 3" is a very difficult model to find. In the past three months, I have acquired two. One by trade and one by purchase. The ones I acquired are a M66-2 3", part of the limited run to Ashland Arms, and a M66-6 F Comp. Hard revolvers to find, anywhere. I also have purchased, over the course of about a year, a M13 3" nickel, a M64 3" and a rather hard to find M629-1, 3". Now, these are not rare, but they are very difficult to find and all of the ones I mentioned have been acquired from this site. Another member of this site, found a .357 model that was only produced for one year. Very rare and very difficult to find. So, while some are not finding what they want, some, like myself, are very pleased with what I have been able to find on ODT. I look for collectible revolvers nationwide, and lo and behold, some of the most difficult to find, were found right here on ODT. Those of you who long for the "old days of ODT", I don't share that sentiment. All I could find back in the day on ODT, were AKs, ARs, black rifles, Glocks and other semi autos. At least now, there are actually revolvers being offered and sold on ODT. I can't help but like that. Just my opinion, and your opinion may vary.

Those of you who long for the "old days of ODT", I don't share that sentiment. All I could find back in the day on ODT, were AKs, ARs, black rifles, Glocks and other semi autos. At least now, there are actually revolvers being offered and sold on ODT. I can't help but like that. Just my opinion, and your opinion may vary.

Agreed...just picked up a beautiful birdshead Vaquero! :thumb:

The other one was creepy like a stalker or something that knew roughly where I lived because he saw me talking about going to gun stores in dawsonville but we hadn't set a meet or a date/time or even a place yet and he "drove up to meet me because we had set a meet" and just drove around my area for like three hours trying to PM me on the trader
.... it was absolutely insane and then he lambasted me because I wasn't even near my home when I finally checked the trader and saw that he was trying to get ahold of me ....so he gets on here and starts talking about about having set a meet etc and breaking my word but he had no meeting place and had no idea where I lived other than a generic near dawsonville to go on before he drove an hour plus to meet? and other than that there are 101 positive feedbacks over three years.

Wonder if the it's the same guy that did that to me last week. I told him I'd sell him a gun, he said okay, and then just randomly drove up the next day without any warning to Gainesville and drove around for an hour...pm'd me every 5 minutes saying where can we meet. When I finally got on here I apologized to him, said we could work something out for another time and from now on make sure to actually have a time and place set before you drive an hour to meet someone. He then continued to message me every 5 mins asking where we could meet and that he wanted it, spammed the hell out of my email with 2 dozen messages with the same thing which got him on the ignore list. Gave me a neg last night because I "wouldn't sell it to him" and threatened to call his son-in-law, who's an attorney that works for the ATF, on me because I was selling guns without an FFL. I cracked up lol. Freakin nut job

Wonder if the it's the same guy that did that to me last week. I told him I'd sell him a gun, he said okay, and then just randomly drove up the next day without any warning to Gainesville and drove around for an hour...pm'd me every 5 minutes saying where can we meet. When I finally got on here I apologized to him, said we could work something out for another time and from now on make sure to actually have a time and place set before you drive an hour to meet someone. He then continued to message me every 5 mins asking where we could meet and that he wanted it, spammed the hell out of my email with 2 dozen messages with the same thing which got him on the ignore list. Gave me a neg last night because I "wouldn't sell it to him" and threatened to call his son-in-law, who's an attorney that works for the ATF, on me because I was selling guns without an FFL. I cracked up lol. Freakin nut job
who the **** is this psycho? he should be banned for that kind of retarded ****

I am not going to address prices on ODT. Instead, I am going to address whether or not items are selling. Well, contrary to what some believe, items are selling and some quite rapidly. Some very hard to find items are being offered on this site. For example, to some, mainly revolvers nuts like me, the M66 3" is a very difficult model to find. In the past three months, I have acquired two. One by trade and one by purchase. The ones I acquired are a M66-2 3", part of the limited run to Ashland Arms, and a M66-6 F Comp. Hard revolvers to find, anywhere. I also have purchased, over the course of about a year, a M13 3" nickel, a M64 3" and a rather hard to find M629-1, 3". Now, these are not rare, but they are very difficult to find and all of the ones I mentioned have been acquired from this site. Another member of this site, found a .357 model that was only produced for one year. Very rare and very difficult to find. So, while some are not finding what they want, some, like myself, are very pleased with what I have been able to find on ODT. I look for collectible revolvers nationwide, and lo and behold, some of the most difficult to find, were found right here on ODT. Those of you who long for the "old days of ODT", I don't share that sentiment. All I could find back in the day on ODT, were AKs, ARs, black rifles, Glocks and other semi autos. At least now, there are actually revolvers being offered and sold on ODT. I can't help but like that. Just my opinion, and your opinion may vary.

There is no shortage of variety because of the total members. I feel the same way as you do. I see good deals all the time. I see great deals at least once or twice a week. I see gougers, flippers, good, bad, ugly. I also see cool stuff and have acquired several items I probably would have never owned otherwise. Deer rifles, military rifles, revolvers, shotguns, pistols, ammunition, knives, optics, a deer feeder, coins, are some things I have bought, sold and traded. So yeah there is plenty around here.

I simply adjusted my hobby. I recently got into motorcycles... so my money has been used buying a couple of those plus all the goodies in that market! Still an expensive hobby.

Back
Top Bottom