Whats the best ammo for a ruger lcp

Try several. I carry a .380 in my back pocket everyday, and it's a "get someone off me" pistol. I handload my ammo and still choose 90 or 95 grain fmj for best penetration. A round profile fmj should be the most reliable type in most any pistol.

Echo Chuckdog, there is controversy of a reliably expanding bullet in this small round or penetration. You will probably hear both sides. The FMJ's will be typically the most reliable rounds.

When I carried my ppk/s I carried hot 95 gr FMJ's. I found that the Hornady critical defense was the only hollow point I found that would feed and run 100% in the walther, but I still felt better with the FMJ's.

Edit to add: What's the best ammo? I don't know, the FMJ's are just what I used and felt safest with.

Last edited:
I've shot some pmc through mine, but I keep critical defense in it all the time. That gun has always run great. Heck even with ga arms reloads. I've never had a problem with them either.

I run Hornady Critical Defense in my LCP. Best of both worlds, reliable feeding and reliable penetration/expansion. You can't go wrong with it.

Back
Top Bottom