• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the deal with Canik

Smooth brain, I have been wondering about that. Is that what overweight, alcoholic gay men call straight men these days. I don't know much about that either even though it's all over the place.
Smooth brain is what you call someone who takes 45 days for a comeback :boink:

There was a bunch for sale a couple of months ago on here.
That's what I was saying. I'm more of a rifle and shotgun guy so that's what I'm usually looking at her reading about. I do like my 1911's. I've had 8 or 10 of those and those are just the only handguns that I really been interested in. So for a couple of days I was cruising the pistol section just to see what 1911s were there. And it seemed like every fourth listing was a Canik. Frankly I had never even heard or even read about those handguns. So when I saw a slew of them for sale it just got me wondering what the deal was. When I saw the Rival I was interested and all the ones for sale just made me wonder what the 411 was about those handguns. Usually I won't give a second look at a 9mm but that Canik Rival is a sweet looking firearm.

That's what I was saying. I'm more of a rifle and shotgun guy so that's what I'm usually looking at her reading about. I do like my 1911's. I've had 8 or 10 of those and those are just the only handguns that I really been interested in. So for a couple of days I was cruising the pistol section just to see what 1911s were there. And it seemed like every fourth listing was a Canik. Frankly I had never even heard or even read about those handguns. So when I saw a slew of them for sale it just got me wondering what the deal was. When I saw the Rival I was interested and all the ones for sale just made me wonder what the 411 was about those handguns. Usually I won't give a second look at a 9mm but that Canik Rival is a sweet looking firearm.
If you want a Quality hand gun purchase a CZ 75 TACTICAL 9mm. All steel workhorse.

When an item is affordable people buy that instead of paying a lot more for almost the same thing. When a company has lots of models with good price points, people often sell the old model and buy the new model (Look at cell phones). Rinse and repeat.

Canik on the ODT for 400 is a lot better than 1000 glocks.

Also 90% of the Caniks listed on the ODT are full retail or higher that's another reason there are so many
Now that's one thing I do know about them. Guns are coming down. I went to three gun shops a couple days ago and they were offering big discounts every gun I picked up. Unheard of a year ago. You paid sticker or they told you to piss off. It's going to be a buyers market on guns and parts here before long.

Now that's one thing I do know about them. Guns are coming down. I went to three gun shops a couple days ago and they were offering big discounts every gun I picked up. Unheard of a year ago. You paid sticker or they told you to piss off. It's going to be a buyers market on guns and parts here before long.

Not just in guns, but ...

Attachments

• nordyes-nv.jpg
    nordyes-nv.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 6
I've read some really good reviews on them and I want one of the newer ones that looks real cool but I see that there's so many on this site for sale and trade makes me reserved about buying one. Are they that bad of a gun or is it just they don't live up to what they are expected to be?
I love mine. Comes ready to rock right out the box. Several hundred rounds later no issues.

Attachments

• 20220929_141215.jpg
    20220929_141215.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom