• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What's the deal with gay ass pistol arm braces?

Guitar cases are good for standard length rifles, though it is best to gut them and add foam to fit, and also add cut outs for mags. I've seen guys get creative and fit two rifles in a guitar case. This would also work fine for SBR's, of course. Acoustic guitar cases work best, IMO.

Edit: someone is now making these cases to sell. Here's a pretty nice example.
View attachment 1829774

The guitar case seems good but I've always had the thought that a theif is far more likely to break a window for a guitar case than a tennis bag.

Can you not legally carry a loaded rifle or SBR in car?

I'm not sure about all public roads today, but I know you can't legally carry a loaded firearm, other than a handgun, in a motor vehicle on a WMA. A prepared magazine means the rifle is "loaded" per the code.

It used to be that you couldn't carry a loaded rifle in a car on a roadway, but now that you asked and I started researching, I'm not sure anymore. But I know that with a permit you can carry a pistol.

The guitar case seems good but I've always had the thought that a theif is far more likely to break a window for a guitar case than a tennis bag.

Very true. The guitar case is for carrying by hand and not receiving any unwanted attention. It is also more suited for standard length rifles.

I'm not sure about all public roads today, but I know you can't legally carry a loaded firearm, other than a handgun, in a motor vehicle on a WMA. A prepared magazine means the rifle is "loaded" per the code.

It used to be that you couldn't carry a loaded rifle in a car on a roadway, but now that you asked and I started researching, I'm not sure anymore. But I know that with a permit you can carry a pistol.

You do not need a permit to carry a pistol in your car. Your vehicle is considered an extension of your home in the state of Ga and you can carry whatever you like in there as long as you are legal to own it.

Why would you want a SBR or pistol length .223? Serious question. Seems like a cartridge that depends on velocity would suffer tremendously from a short barrel. I love the idea of one but it just doesn't seem practical

Reactions: MRH
EB1962A8-8B84-424C-9C82-1E7BFDDE2081.gif

Makes for a super loud bang which is always fun. Also an effective round out of a 10" barrel even if its not as effective as out of a 16" barrel.

I'd rather be hit with a 9mm carbine vs a 10" .223
Why would you want a SBR or pistol length .223? Serious question. Seems like a cartridge that depends on velocity would suffer tremendously from a short barrel. I love the idea of one but it just doesn't seem practical

I agree.

In a pistol w/brace or SBR AR, 300blk would be my first choice. It was made to be suppressed too, if I decided to go that route.

If not the 300blk then I would have an AK. The price of ammo makes the AK more desirable for many, including myself. Plus it is a .30 caliber round in a great platform. Also the AK doesn't need a buffer tube or any type of stock if I decided to make it super short for whatever reason.

The .223 AR in a pistol w/brace or SBR makes the least sense to me when compared to the others I mentioned. Of course my opinion is always subject to change if someone gives me a good enough reason. The AR will certainly have the greater advantages to accessorize over the AK, so there's that...Otherwise I see nothing that would make it preferable, especially in a short barreled package.

Because its a heck of a lot easier to handle when ya stick an 8" suppressor on the end!

Yeahhhhhh go ask the entire special operations community why they all use short Barreled 5.56 Weapons....

Back
Top Bottom