• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whats up with battle worn finsish?

Wasn't trying to "get you". I was simply using humor to make a point. I agree that anyone can do anything they want to their firearms. It's just that artificial "battle wear" is not interesting. Some of the guys on another forum apply the "battle field pick up" look to the battle rifles they so carefully and lovingly build, but don't shoot them much. I don't get it. If someone wants their firearm to look worn, they should go out and use it, not take steel wool to the finish.

It's been my experience that the battle worn finish on firearms used by pros is actual wear. Not artificially applied to make their arms look "battle worn"

Yeah, I think that several of us are picturing very different things when it comes to "battleworn". I wasn't thinking of someone actually intentionally wearing through the finish to the metal below.

Yeah, I think that several of us are picturing very different things when it comes to "battleworn". I wasn't thinking of someone actually intentionally wearing through the finish to the metal below.

That is what i was originally talking about. I think maybe I should have been more specific. HAHA.

BTW, along the lines of the same importance, I don't carry if a shooter prefers Chevy/Ford/Dodge, a 9mm/.40/.45, and a Glock/1911. There's the "meh" for ya. Sorry about stuff that matters and not what color(s) someone likes on their gun.
I like play the 9mm vs whatever game, but it's all in fun.

Just a tad of carry wear on this one . . . . . . .

Deadpool 1911-001.JPG

Deadpool 1911-002.JPG

Deadpool 1911-008.JPG

Back
Top Bottom