• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When I die.

I don’t envy anyone having to sort this shi… out.
I really need to itemize all I can remember and leave written instructions for my wife and daughter.

Quoting you twice in a day, dang. Wifes comments on the kids and others wanting anything is that the have to go through her first since she enjoys them. If something happens to both at the same time will says to have them appraised and kids can choose anything they really want at value that can be deducted from their share and spread to the other kids. Just making sure no one tries to hog it all. Some want them for sentimental value, one would take and sell everyone. This way they share equally.
You make a good point. My meager college is worth about $14K not counting ammo. Most of us never consider a scenario where we would both go at the same time. So at some point I guess I gotta get my son over here and school him on what guns are worth.

I would highly recommend using a dealer to sell if the collection is large. Yes, you’ll pay a fee but it will save your family a lot of headaches and any possible legal trouble down the line

I asked my landlord a similar question a while back. He has a Ruger 10/22 takedown with the factory suppressed barrel. Waited about 14 months to take it home. I told him that his wife ( retired public school teacher so.. dumbass) would not have a clue what to do with it much less any of his other guns. He told me his Marine Corps Presidential Detail nephew was listed on his trust. I told him that was a very smart move.
( retired public school teacher so.. dumbass) I concur with your assessment of our current teachers.

Back
Top Bottom