• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

When I die.

A simple excel spreadsheet would suffice. I have all of my guns info with price paid and current value plus ammo inventory documented. For if any get stolen more so than if I die.
About to add value to my spreadsheet, inventory ammo and reloading equipment though, probably never happen. My wife did just recently retire from being an inventory analysis so who knows.

I made photo's of each one with accessories, put a number in the pic and the number is in a ledger listing the values, not ODT values just the real deal, and for all accessories also.

My wife posed this question to me. If god forbid and the creek don’t rise, I was to meet my maker, do you have someone on ODT you would trust to help your wife sale your firearms and all things associated with firearms. I know what my answer would be but I’m curious what the community thinks? So say you.
My son will be stuck with the daunting task. He is also on my Trust. A more important question. Does everyone know what happens to your estate when if you die without a will in Georgia. If you don't have a will you'll be shocked and hope you don't kick the bucket before you get one.

Appreciate all the responses and feedback. Everything I have is inventoried, valued and photographed. What brought all this on is a little medical situation that is getting sorted out. She is not a gun or knife, etc. person. So although she carries, shoots, and practices safe gun handling, it’s strictly for her personal safety. Aside from that she has no interest. My son is 2500 miles away and just settling in to his new duty station in the AF. If something was to happen, he would for sure be here but may not be able to put the time in needed to handle everything. As we have been betrothed for more than 40 years, EVERYTHING is hers to do as she sees fits. She just happened to come downstairs to check/talk to me and I think she looked around and just felt a little overwhelmed.

Years back (2004) I wrote a detailed document out to my wife covering everything that we owed , owned etc. I ran into it last night while going through old papers, amazing how small those bills seemed after 19 years have passed. Unfortunately a dear friend who I told her to turn to in my original document now has dementia. We spent many a day around campfires at deer camp when he was well. At this point I don't have that trusted friend to give advise, just my own pre-planning.

Back
Top Bottom