• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which concealed carry piece in bear country?

This
img.tapatalk.com_d_14_06_16_2yhaby8y.jpg

I think you will be well served with your regular EDC.

I wouldn't worry about magazine capacity. You might get off two shots on a charging bear after it is close enough to justify shooting. Pistols won't work when the bear is on top of you. You need a double action revolver.

I'd be scared as hell! The longer you watch though, he just appears to be curious. The best thing they did was walk away and not run....

ya i dont think the bear was interested in anything else other than checking them out

i know you shouldnt run but i was told you should make some noise or something more than that.

either way this proves guns are more useful than a camera

One of these would be cool. No pesky sawed off shotgun rules, it's a pistol.
howdahopen.jpg
Might be kind of hard to find pinfire ammo. May need to find a percussion model.

Last edited:
Your better off using pepper spray made for bear defense. Black bears are not the type of man eaters like brown bears are. But shooting at a bear with a pistol may just piss him off if your not hitting him right. Pepper spray on the other hand would take care of them just fine. I doubt they'd like the smell much or their eyes burning up. If anything it'll teach them not to come near humans anymore.

ya i dont think the bear was interested in anything else other than checking them out

i know you shouldnt run but i was told you should make some noise or something more than that.

either way this proves guns are more useful than a camera

All it proves is how monumentally stupid and fortunate those guys were. Walking away is the worst posture.

Back
Top Bottom