• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who all has owned this gun?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I got to spend four hours with a true American legend. That right there was worth the price of admission. If you ever find reason to spend some time with Hook, I highly recommend it. They don't make them like that anymore.

Unfortunately after several hours of finding problems and fixing problems, as well as a trigger group that gave him hell, I think he was just tired of looking at it. What he thought was the problem causing the short stroke turned out not to be the problem, and I think he could sense that I needed to get going. His final analysis was that the receiver is bad, even though everything he checked on it was in spec. He said all the parts on it were top quality parts, but normally won't work on anything not made by Springfield Armory.

I don't know if the receiver is bad or not, but I am going to try a few things before I drop another 600+ dollars on a new receiver. He did say that if I got a new receiver to bring it by and he would switch it out for me.

Interesting thread, sorry for the lousy outcome. I have always been a true fan of the M14 and always will be.

Meh, I haven't given up yet. Besides, I have lots of other guns, even other M14s, plus I got to spend the morning with Hook Boutin. All in all, I would say that I came out on top of this one, even if I do have a turd gun in the safe.

Meh, I haven't given up yet. Besides, I have lots of other guns, even other M14s, plus I got to spend the morning with Hook Boutin. All in all, I would say that I came out on top of this one, even if I do have a turd gun in the safe.

If it has good parts is it worth it to strip them off and sell individually to recoup your loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom