• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

who hates reloading 9?

Like many others I fine it relaxing. It's better that watching reruns on the boob tube. I also shoot custom loads so buying them off the shelf is not an option. I can also reload 124gr lead cast for around $0.09 per round when I purchase the bullets from GA Ammo. Cheaper if I cast them myself.

I'm at about $7.25 per 50 vs $12 per 50 retail for 9mm. It's still worth it IMO if you shoot enough of it.

Still loading 9mm, as well. However, I generally load cast lead bullets for the range and plinking. If I buy my bullets right, I can still load 9mm for under $4 per box. Well worth it IMHO, not to mention that I enjoy it on my Dillon SDB.

Not me. I like it and enjoy reading the vast amount of info in the variety of loading manuals. Plus the accuracy of hand loads and solid consistent impulse of a good recipe just feels better than factory ammo.
If you only buy and shoot 115gr fmj, it may not be worth the time or money to certain individuals.
Good therapy and lots of lead to throw otherwise.

Yeah, I'm making my 40's for sub $18/100. Well worth it. IMO .380's are well worth reloading too. Can't remember what my cost is off the top of my head, but it is well under what I would spend elsewhere.

The 380 for me, just like the 38 Super is almost the same amount of money as the projectiles, primers are basically the same cost as 9 MM, the only difference is in the powder cost, at 7000 grains of powder per pound its a very, very small difference.
FYI, my cost on 10 MM for range stuff (not powder puffs either) is about 10.25 per box of 50, again add another 3-4 bucks per box of 50 for premium self defense loads.

For the person who asked about how much you can save, if you cast your on bullet the cost per 50 is $3 $6 per hundred and $60 per 1000. So how much are you paying for a box of 9mm, last time I looked they were $14 per 50 at Walmart. So I am saving $11 per 50 I will continue to roll my on.

Back
Top Bottom