• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who shaves their head bald?

Some real good information guys. Thank you. And while I may have been on the path to receding hairline already, marriage and becoming a father definitely exacerbated the problem and made grey hair show up. I had none before. Life is a bish ain’t it?

I got an article 15 for that in AIT. I was told that I disobeyed a direct order by cutting my own hair because the company was told to prepare for inspection and that meant a proper military haircut. According to the DI, that meant by a military barber. I wish I had known to fight it or ask for a courts martial. There are no rules concerning who cuts your hair, only that it meets military standards. I did not know that at the time.
Yup, there was some unwritten rule about "barracks haircuts" and how they were banned and you could face such and such trouble for it in battalion as well. None of it was ever true though.

I will say this: we had a barber on camp who couldn't cut hair to save her life. Folks in my chain of command would come to me to "fix" her screw ups so they wouldn't look like trash for inspection. We also had a guy in Bravo Co. (Roberts) who everyone called Fatty. That dude could cut some serious hair. Fades, high and tights, mediums, white folks, black folks etc. Didn't matter.

48 yrs old been shaving my head since I was maybe 25. Used everything under the sun and the best I've found is the Harry's 5 blade. No matter what you use get it dry afterwards and you will get a lot of life from a blade. Make it routine and don't let it get too long before shaving. Personally I can't do the shower thing. I just trim my face and shave my head all at once.

I’ve gotten to the point in life where the old dome has become pretty exposed. Cul-de-sac status is where my hair line is. I won’t ever rock a comb over. Been shaving the dome piece with clippers and no guard for a while, but decided to Bic it tonight. Fairly successful, but somewhat aggravated skin. Got a big moley I’d like to slice off to make this process easier.

Looking for some tried and true techniques, tips, products, suggestions. What do you old veteran cue ball head dudes use? Thank you.
I bought this and it works very well. Close shave and easy to maintain. There are many like these on Amazon to pick from.

AW 6D Head Shavers for Bald Men, Anti-Pinch Electric Razor for Men, 5-in-1 Mens Grooming Kit with Nose Hair Trimmer, Beard Trimmer for Men, Waterproof and Rechargeable Electric Shavers for Men https://a.co/d/3LbRF2t

I bought this and it works very well. Close shave and easy to maintain. There are many like these on Amazon to pick from.

AW 6D Head Shavers for Bald Men, Anti-Pinch Electric Razor for Men, 5-in-1 Mens Grooming Kit with Nose Hair Trimmer, Beard Trimmer for Men, Waterproof and Rechargeable Electric Shavers for Men https://a.co/d/3LbRF2t
Ty for the tip! I’ll look into this one

48 yrs old been shaving my head since I was maybe 25. Used everything under the sun and the best I've found is the Harry's 5 blade. No matter what you use get it dry afterwards and you will get a lot of life from a blade. Make it routine and don't let it get too long before shaving. Personally I can't do the shower thing. I just trim my face and shave my head all at once.
Ty sir, I’ve seen Harry’s. Might pick one up

Razors are about 50 times harder than hair. To keep your razor's edge sharpest, dry thoroughly after rinsing and use. Oxidation is worse than hair for dulling an edge. I get about 3 month's use from a 5 blade Gillette (I know, homo company) cartridge before I have to change it out for a new one.
Blow dry them or stick in a cup of baby oil. Longer life
This.
I use an old fashioned safety razor. I keep it in a shaving cup with baby oil. It keeps the blade from oxidizing and lubes that sucker up for an easy glide and greatly prolongs the life of the blade.

Found some things that have been working wonderfully….

IMG_0987.jpeg

IMG_0988.jpeg

Shave head in the shower and after, apply some of this…

IMG_0989.jpeg

Been getting a tight shave and the shea alleviates the razor burn issues very well.

Back
Top Bottom