• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who shaves their head bald?

Ooohhh... Don't do that.

I keep mine close cropped about every 10 days. No shaving though. Don't know why other than we weren't allowed to do that in the Army in the 80's and 90's. Not sure about now, we were told it's unsanitary (headgear, PASGTs, etc.). Been doing it since I was 26.

I really need to find my old "Flock of Seagulls" hairdo photo from 1985, y'all would get a laugh out of that.
We had uniform and grooming inspections weekly. I would run the clippers over my head each week in my barracks room and I was good to go.

Razors are about 50 times harder than hair. To keep your razor's edge sharpest, dry thoroughly after rinsing and use. Oxidation is worse than hair for dulling an edge. I get about 3 month's use from a 5 blade Gillette (I know, homo company) cartridge before I have to change it out for a new one.
Blow dry them or stick in a cup of baby oil. Longer life

OIP.cb16izCzSTGnjtnoABwX7QHaGf

I used to spend $25 every other week to upkeep my mohawk. My last visit the lady asked me if I wanted it down to the skin and she pulled out an Andis foil shaver. That was their mistake because I went and got my own and I can do it myself now. Foil shavers don't cut long hair so I got to keep up with it every other day but it don't take longer than 15 min and it gets it baby smooth.

We had uniform and grooming inspections weekly. I would run the clippers over my head each week in my barracks room and I was good to go.
I got an article 15 for that in AIT. I was told that I disobeyed a direct order by cutting my own hair because the company was told to prepare for inspection and that meant a proper military haircut. According to the DI, that meant by a military barber. I wish I had known to fight it or ask for a courts martial. There are no rules concerning who cuts your hair, only that it meets military standards. I did not know that at the time.

Razors are about 50 times harder than hair. To keep your razor's edge sharpest, dry thoroughly after rinsing and use. Oxidation is worse than hair for dulling an edge. I get about 3 month's use from a 5 blade Gillette (I know, homo company) cartridge before I have to change it out for a new one.
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Perzackly! I rinse the razor under very hot water then blow dry. I think some folk dip the razor in rubbing alcohol to drive off the moisture but I've never tried that.

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

Perzackly! I rinse the razor under very hot water then blow dry. I think some folk dip the razor in rubbing alcohol to drive off the moisture but I've never tried that.
I run the cartridge head against a terry cloth towel opposite the blad direction to get any moisture off the exposed side of the blades. I blow air through first to move any water drops away.

Back
Top Bottom