• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's the greatest, unknown guitar player?

Andy McKee (check out his drifting videos), Prince (most underrated ever IMO), Neal Schon (his Journey work was amazing), Nancy Wilson (IMO is the best female guitarist of all time because she could rock out or play really intricate folky stuff), Vince Gill (simply amazing, period. Next to prince the most underrated of all time. His voice over shadowed his unbelievable guitar skills),

Derek trucks, nephew of allman bros drummer butch trucks, grew up watching Duane allman an other like players, check out Derek trucks an warren Haynes on youtube! Arguably one of the greatest guitar/slide guitar players for blues rock alternative ever born (my opinion) oh yea joe bonamassa is a great unappreciated guitarist too

Derek trucks is BA, so is warren, but they are pretty well known.

Neal Schon of Santana and Journey.

Andy McKee (check out his drifting videos), Prince (most underrated ever IMO), Neal Schon (his Journey work was amazing), Nancy Wilson (IMO is the best female guitarist of all time because she could rock out or play really intricate folky stuff), Vince Gill (simply amazing, period. Next to prince the most underrated of all time. His voice over shadowed his unbelievable guitar skills),

Yea my vote is with Neal Schon. A lot of people don't realize how much of the guitar playing on some of Santana's albums was Neal Schon. People think all of it was Santana. And I think Neal was in his teens or early twenties when he played for him. If I recall correctly, Santana and Clapton fought over him a little bit (again, if I recall correctly). And then his Journey work, as eflat mentioned, was great. He's definitely got my vote.

I forgot about Jason Becker. He and Marty Friedman formed Cacophony. He was bad ass fast. Replaced Steve Vai in David Lee Roth's band, then came down with Lou Gehrig's disease (A.L.S.) If you guys love guitar players and haven't seen the movie "Not Dead Yet" then you are really missing out on an awesome/sad story.........

Back
Top Bottom