• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why, ''Call or text me, I want it''?

@mr.biglesworth....Reminds me of an early ebay transaction, '99 maybe. I bought 4 racing tires from a guy in Stockton and he didn't ship within 21 days as agreed (I know, 21 days, but that was common then). He had all kinds of excuses but the best was his wife was too sick to pack them and take them to UPS. I emailed him and told him,"Don't let the San Fran address fool you boy. I'm a relocated redneck, not a Cali native. I know where you live and if you think I won't drive an hour for $735 you're mistaken." LOL, the UPS truck dropped off the four racing tires (still mounted on the mag wheels which I DID NOT buy) the next afternoon. He'd "overnighted" them, LOL!

Verbal Q&A on the phone is fine. You don't need a "record" for that, although it's probably better from a legal standpoint to have every word typed and saved digitally somewhere, either in a text that your phone and phone carrier saves, or a PM on this site, that the ODT's servers save.

I would put the "I'll take it" and "for this much" and "on or before this future date" in writing, though.
Even if you verbally agree to it by phone, immediately follow that up with a text or PM or e-mail saying, "Just for the record, here's the outline of our deal...." and close it with "please confirm that's your understanding. See you Friday!"

I can't believe how many of you have been stood up on deals. I have never been stood up on a deal on the ODT, or GON before that for that matter. Guess I'm really lucky.
I've been stood up twice since 2010, but from all the deals, that's not bad odds, neg'ed both, I don't think either are still here, but I put both on Ignore Just in case

Back
Top Bottom